Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, June 24, 2006
Nobody Ever Told Us That...
Sometimes it completely catches me off guard how much I love Patrick. I mean, of course I love him, but I don't expect that wave of uncontrolled emotion to wash over me when I peek in on him late at night. Nobody ever told me that just watching him sleep could bring a lump to my throat...

Matt and I have actually had to stop talking about Patrick after he's gone to bed because we're afraid we'll be unable to control ourselves and go wake him up just to hold him. It's not that we're afraid something is wrong; we just want to hold him that one last time for the day. I fully didn't expect such an adorable accident to win over my heart this completely.

Also, nobody ever told us that babies were fully capable of putting others' feelings before their own by the time they get to be Patrick's age. I don't understand how Patrick can cry in his crib for that long before I wake up enough to feed him, yet he holds no grudge against me. When I stumble into his room, half-asleep and grumpy, his first reaction is to smile up at me. He spends diaper-changing time doing his best to get me to smile. It's amazing how by the time his diaper is changed, I'm already in a good mood because Patrick is perceptive enough of my moods that he wants to cheer me up.

And how many babies do you know who will be perfectly content being woken up just an hour or so after going to bed for the night just to be thrown in the car and dragged on errands? Patrick never once whined and stayed awake the whole time, even playing happily while Matt and I ate the late dinner we brought home with us. It's like he understood something different was happening, and he was thrilled with the opportunity to stay up late, even when he should have been sleepy. It astounds me how good of a kid Patrick can be.

To turn to a less serious note, here is a promised picture of Patrick sitting on his own. He wasn't particularly eager to show off his sitting skills yesterday, so I had very few pictures to choose from, and most of those were of a less-than-happy Patrick. Still, you can clearly see him sitting all on his own.
I also got a video of Patrick practicing his tummy time yesterday afternoon. You can see how strong he is. I also feel the need to mention that this was a good day of tummy time. He is relatively happy on his tummy in this video.

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

Oh my that is a happy tummy time?? I would hate to see or hear a bad one! Its sad but yet so cute I had to laugh.. and the pic of him sitting is great :) I Love it!!! what a big boy..

Kathy you take the words out of my mouth on so many of your posts.. Is it not the weirdest thing how much you love your baby!! I feel the same way.. *sigh*

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fully expect that he will be walkin to the bus station to come see his Papa any day. Love you all

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at how strong he's getting! What fun it will be some morning when you go to get him out of bed and he'll greet you sitting up! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter