Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Happy Father's Day
I want to take a minute today to wish a happy Father's Day to all the fathers that have made an impact on my life.

To my dad: I am so lucky that God chose to give me you as my dad. You have always been such a kind and caring dad who instilled me with a good set of values and a faith in God. I look up to your and mom's example as I raise Patrick because you guys did a great job on all of us kids. I am proud to have inherited your sense of humor (most of the time anyway) as well as your left-brained mind. From the time I was a little girl, I always looked up to you, and I still do. You are still a role model for me. Thank you for being the man that you are and for always loving me even when I disappoint you.

To my father-in-law:

You may be a fairly new addition to my life, but you have accepted me as a daughter from the start. I remember the first time I met you and Tricia, when I had just started dating your darling baby boy. You welcomed me into the family with open arms even then. You have obviously done a fine job raising your boys, based on the man my husband is. I regret that it took this long for you to come into my life, but I am proud now to call you my father-in-law. I didn't know what I was missing by not having a second father around. I know I married well because of how accepted I am as part of your family. Thank you for so willingly being a second father to me and a wonderful grandfather to Patrick.

To my husband:

Matt, you are a wonderful man, husband, and father. When I first met you, I could already tell that you were the man for me and that you would make a great father for our future children. Having Patrick has only proved my intuitions right. I love watching you with him. It is clear from the expression on your face when you see him and hold him close that he is your world. I can tell he feels the same way from the adoration in his eyes when he looks into yours. You are already a role model for him, someone for him to look up to, and I know you will only grow more important to him as the years go by. I can't wait until the day he starts following you around everywhere, wanting to imitate everything you do. I am so lucky to not only have you in my life but also a tiny version of you who I know wants nothing more than to grow up just like you. I love you, and I want you to know today how wonderful a father you are to Patrick.

All three of you fathers in my life are special to me, and I hope you all have a good Father's Day.

Labels: , , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

That was a great post :) Happy Fathers day to all the great Fathers in your life!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, you have been a blessing to us. We love you like our own. We now have two of the most wonderful young ladies added to my family and are proud to have both of you. I taught my sons well on choosing thier wives. :-)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter