Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, June 23, 2006
Independent Sitter
It's finally happened. I think we can now officially call Patrick an independent sitter. He is able to sit completely on his own for reasonably long periods of time. He still can't pull himself to that sitting position or sit up indefinitely, but he is sitting. If I help him into a sitting position and help him get balanced, he can stay that way for several minutes. Sometimes if he moves too much, he will fall over to one side or backwards, but I stay pretty close to him to catch him if that happens. More often, he will slowly start leaning forward. I think that position hurts his tummy because the farther forward he leans, the more upset he gets. Eventually, he leans over far enough that his oversized head just can't stay upright any longer, and he falls over onto his belly. Of course, this makes him cry even more; he still absolutely hates being on his belly. If I can't stand the crying, which is usually the case, I'll rescue him and put him back in a sitting position. He seems much happier that way. It's like he sees the whole world from a different perspective, and he's thrilled with seeing everything a new way.

Anyway, sorry this post is short today. I'm not in a really talkative mood. Maybe later I'll catch some pictures or video of Patrick sitting and post them for everyone to see. I've just been kind of afraid to get very far from him while he's sitting because he's still a bit unstable. We'll have to see how well he sits this afternoon.

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

That is great news YAY!! Patrick.. way to go little man :) Kathy do you have a bumbo seat for patrick? If you dont they are awesome and you should get one!! My girl loved the bumbo seat and so did all of my due in february board..lol They all got one after I did and the babies love them. Tell patrick that he has to get lots of tummy time.. it is real important and will help him strengthen all the muscles he needs to be a big boy :)

Blogger Karen said...

Well, he's on his way now! I'm sure he'll get better at it every day.

Blogger Emmakirst said...

Yayyy for Patrick. Now that he's got the initial hang of it, he'll just get better. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter