Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
I Think It Worked
Remember a few days ago when Patrick got his hands on my phone and "coincidentally" dialed the number 666-6666? I'm beginning to wonder if he knew what he was doing. If that number reached who we would all expect it to reach, then he answered. He has recently taken up residence in one of Patrick's newer toys.

Yes, that's right. I believe we have a demon-possessed toy. When we were in Dallas last time, my mom bought Patrick a carseat toy. It is built around a car theme, and it plays music and flashes lights, just like Patrick likes. It has been a great distraction for him several times when he's started to get bored in the car. The reason we bought it, though, is a special feature: a remote control. The driver can turn the toy on and off at will from the driver's seat. If "Wheels on the Bus" gets too annoying, the driver can shut it off to save sanity. If Patrick starts fussing, the driver can turn the toy on to distract him.

Since I usually ride in the back next to Patrick when Matt is driving, the remote control hasn't been that useful yet. I just operate it from the backseat. The toy will only turn on or off with the remote control, so sitting next to Patrick is not usually an advantage as far as the toy is concerned. Today, though, I wished that someone was sitting in the backseat next to him to flip the master switch on the back of that cursed toy.

Matt wasn't going to be able to take a long enough lunch today to come home, so he asked me to meet him for lunch, which I gladly did. The whole drive that stupid toy started and stopped singing at random times. The remote control's button was not being pushed; I checked repeatedly. I would push the button to turn the toy back off when it got too annoying, but within seconds I'd hear the opening notes to "Wheels on the Bus" drift back up to the front seat, mocking me and my misplaced sense of control. The worst part is that sometimes the series of songs begins with the sound of a car honking. When I'm deliberately turning the toy on, I know to ignore any honks because they're coming from the toy. When the demon takes over control, however, I never know when to expect those honks. It also started the sequence repeatedly, just "honk, honk" after "honk, honk" to the point of insanity. The honks caught me off guard the first few times, and I was searching everywhere for the car that had honked at me. After those first few honks, though, I started ignoring it altogether. I could have had cars honking at me the whole way home, and I would have never known.

I am afraid that this toy will permanently remain in the manual "off" position any time there isn't someone in the backseat who can turn it off if it when it flips out like it did today. I'm thinking about that hour-long drive to the airport next week to pick up my mom. I'm afraid I'll lose my mind if I'm exposed to that many honks and renditions of "Wheels on the Bus" for a full hour without the ability to put an end to it. I'm afraid I'll end up on the side of the road flinging the cursed toy on the ground so I can roll back and forth over it until it will never sing again.

On a better note, Patrick was particularly photogenic yesterday. His hair decided not to cooperate for once (it's been much drier than normal here, and his hair doesn't know how to react apparently), but it turned out to be really cute.

If you look carefully at this picture--try clicking on it to enlarge it--you can see one of Patrick's teeth sticking up past his lip. It may not be the most clear picture in the world, but it's worth ignoring the slight blurriness to see that tooth.
And this picture just completely cracked me up. He kept tucking his head behind the front of his overalls to chew on them. That's actually his tongue in the middle there, licking at the overalls. He doesn't seem to care that he was caught in the act, does he?

Labels: ,



6 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

Im so in love with the last picture... OMG it is adorable!!

I saw the toofer!! YAY!!!

As far as demon possesed toys.. I have at least 4 of them over here!! and I mean totally possessed!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little boy is so amazingly cute! Those big blue eyes just capture my heart! That last picture is so funny. I could see the tooth very plainly in the other picture. Yay!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to comment about the demon toy! Maybe there is some divine "interference" on that frequency??

Blogger Emmakirst said...

I love the pics, he's so cute!

The demon toys, we've got em' too. I think I have the solution, Usually when the batteries start dying the toys get possessed. Give it a try and replace them to see if it works. If not, have an excorcism, hehe.

Blogger Kathy said...

Yeah, I wondered if it might be the batteries. Gloworm sounds awfully demon-y when his batteries start dying. This toy hasn't had these batteries long, though. Still, it may be worth the try. Just in case, though, it might be a good idea to start looking up how to do exorcisms on the Internet...

By the way, Mom, divine "interference"...too funny.

Blogger Mandy said...

That was so funny! Just now getting to read it as yesterday was a less than happy day for me.

Anyway. My dad got the girls these little white lambs from the hospital giftshop when the girls were born. They say the "Now I lay me down to sleep" prayer ... but the funny thing is they sound all creepy like an old guy trying to sound like a little girl. It is horrible and I never turn them on because it just scares me ... :)
Like a record being played in sloooww motion backwards.

The pics are so cute and I am totally celebrating the tooth with you, even if I am a little jealous (I think Maddy might have about three teeth ready to pop in anytime now. How long from the time you start seeing them below surface to popping out?)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter