Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, December 29, 2006
First Night Back
We made it home late last night. Yesterday morning was a frenzy of getting everything ready to go, especially stuff for the puppy that somehow I hadn't given much thought to. By some miracle we still made it out of there shortly after lunch.

Then came the never-ending drive home. It was long enough already, but then when you have a fussy, screaming boy for hours at a time trapped in the same car, it really does feel like it will never end. All he wanted was to be let out of the carseat and car, and stopping didn't help that at all. He was just as unhappy being put back in the car after a break as he had been before. It seemed simpler to just keep driving with him screaming.

But don't forget we had a tiny, not-yet-potty-trained, away-from-home-for-the-first-time puppy with us too. We were forced to stop often for her to try to pee. She didn't the first few stops, but finally she got to the almost-popping point and went. It turns out she's a good traveler and won't go in her bed or kennel. Lucky us!

Last night was rough, though. Poor Angie whined on and off all night. This was her first night away from her siblings, and I think she missed them badly. I woke up to take care of her this morning even before Patrick. I guess I will have a new routine to get used to that includes taking care of a puppy around Patrick's care.

By the way, it tore me apart yesterday to take Angie away from her family. I was glad I wasn't the one who had to do the deed of taking her out of the cage with her siblings for the final time. I didn't want to have to see her face as she left her siblings, and I didn't want to have to look at those mournful faces of her siblings as they watched her leave them forever. I know it would have had to happen eventually even if we hadn't been the ones to take her, but that doesn't make it any easier. I've been trying to give Angie plenty of attention and cuddle time today so that she doesn't feel so lonely.

Speaking of her, though, I hear her whining now. I guess it's time to cuddle again! I don't mind that so much. That's what I was hoping for most in a puppy after all.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bet it was hard to take Angie from the other puppies. I'm sure she will soon get attached to all of you so that you are the ones she doesn't want to leave. I'm glad she's a cuddler. I hope she stays that way! I can't wait to see her.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter