Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Monday, December 18, 2006
Standing Tall and Proud
Patrick stood all by himself today! He climbed up me and was distracted once he got on his feet. He let go without even realizing it, trusting me to keep him standing, I suppose. I lunged to catch him instinctively, and before I could get my arms around him, I realized he didn't need my help. He was standing perfectly well without me! Of course, since my arms were already in place, he grabbed me again pretty quickly. It may have only been a minute, but he really did stand by himself. He tried once again later too, pulling himself to standing without anything sturdy to hold onto at all. He pushed himself into a standing position off my stomach as I was lying on the floor. I had to hold him up with a hand on his bottom. He's getting awfully trusting all of a sudden.

Both Patrick and I had a relaxing day, catching up on all our sleep. Nana and Daddy had to go to work (poor things), and Grandpa had some errands and shopping to take care of, so we just slept all morning. We were both in a better mood after catching up on sleep.

Patrick is absolutely obsessed with the kitty. He keeps crawling over to wherever the cat is sleeping on the couch and will pull up, trying to climb onto the couch to get closer to her. His kitty voice is recognizable immediately, and his "Hi, kitty" is getting clearer every time I hear it. He's very gentle in the way he pets her, too, and she seems to like the attention, not just tolerate it.

I hope I'll remember to pull out the camera tomorrow. I keep forgetting. It seems like most of the time I have with him is either spent feeding him or chasing him, trying desperately to keep him out of trouble. Tomorrow afternoon, both Nana and Grandpa should be around, so maybe I'll have a few minutes to breathe and pull out the camera.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the point of working is to be the opposite of "poor things"... but hey, if you are volunteering...

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter