Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
I'm Still Alive
Whoo...things have gotten busy around here. Since I blogged almost a week ago, lots has happened, and I think I may have forgotten nearly all the cute stories I wanted to tell. We had Christmas #1 on Thursday night with my brother and sis-in-law who came in on Wednesday evening, then Christmas #2 on Friday night, the few gifts we forgot about on Thursday. We had our third Christmas later that evening when my sister and bro-in-law showed up and then one more Christmas before we left Saturday afternoon when my other brother and sis-in-law showed up. And that was all before we got to Big Spring to have real Christmas with Matt's family. Told you we'd been busy!

The highlights:
1. My sis-in-law is pregnant! This is my younger brother's wife, the one who got married in March. We're all so excited. She's due in August, so it's only a few more months until I'm an aunt for the first time.
2. Patrick had a blast at Christmas...all of them. He really raked it in this year. I have no idea how we're going to get his presents home. I'll have to get pictures of him with some of his new toys to show everyone what he got. The camera has mysteriously stayed in its bag the last few days, so I have lots of picture-taking to catch up on.
3. I ended up with quite a Christmas, too. My husband got me the most beautiful heart-shaped locket so that I could put a picture of Patrick in it. Isn't he sweet? I might have to have him get a picture of me in it so that I can show it off too.
4. We finally met our future puppy, Angie. It looks like she will be going home with us when we leave at the end of the week. I really need to get that camera out, don't I? She's so totally adorable. Patrick's mildly interested in all the dogs but won't get too close. I have a feeling that will change once he realizes Angie comes with us. I hope he warms up to her quickly.
5. We realized last night when Patrick woke up unexpectedly screaming that he's teething yet again. This time his bottom molars are coming in. The left one has just broken through the gum, and the right one has a huge swollen spot. I don't know how he can function with a bubble that size on his gums. Poor thing! He's coping well, though, since last night was our first inkling that something was wrong. I guess he's getting used to the pain.

Even though yesterday was my first Christmas away from home ever, it was pretty good. Matt's family treats me just like I'm one of their own (I guess I am now, though, huh?), so they made the transition easier. We had a massive meal over at Matt's brother and sis-in-law's new house and did the gift-opening there. It was lots of fun. Patrick wore his Santa outfit and was a big hit.

I guess that's it for now. I'll try to blog again later tonight or tomorrow to work on more catching up. Many of the cute stories I've meant to blog in the past week may be lost forever, though. I could kick myself for letting myself get so far behind. Blogging while on the road is hard!

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger SRod said...

Wow, not many families have TWO schnauzers names Angie...

Sarah

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have had a wonderful Christmas. It's great that you have so many people who spoil you. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Big Spring.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter