Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Random Stories
I hate when I miss a day, especially one filled with activity, and I get so far behind that I don't know how I'll ever catch up. Here's the short version of the last two days:

Patrick went with my dad and me to visit my mom at school. She was taking a half day to spend time with us, so we rescued her from work. All my mom's kids got to see the famed grandson, as well as a few teacher friends. Patrick was really good, grinning at everyone and being his usual charming self.

After we left, we headed out to eat. Most of the time he was good again, but he had a short-lived hissy fit when I wouldn't let him sit in my lap while I fed him. That just seemed like a messy idea, and I wasn't buying it. Once he got over it, though, he was fine the rest of the meal.

Nana and Daddy and Grandpa watched Patrick most of the evening. I had an allergy attack hit me so badly that all I wanted to do was go lie down. I surprisingly fell asleep, but Patrick was full of energy, keeping everyone on their toes.

Today we just stayed in all day. We had no reason to leave, and the weather was yucky, so we stayed in since we could. Again, Patrick was a bundle of energy. I would kill for that endless energy some days. He keeps throwing hissy fits any time he doesn't get what he wants, though. That's getting tiresome, and I'd love to know how to stop it. Could it be that we've spoiled him, or is this just a normal phase?

Yesterday while playing, Patrick got bit by the kitty. He was petting too hard, and the cat reacted by nipping at him. It only barely scratched his hand, but of course he started bawling immediately. We figured that would end the obsession with the kitty, but not so. Even with the memory of the scratches fresh in his mind, he was crawling back over to her, squealing "Kittieeeeee" with each step crawling. I guess it's good that we haven't created a lifelong fear anyway.

Other interesting sort-of milestones:
He stood by himself again for a second or so yesterday. He's getting braver about pulling up and then letting go.
He has said several new recognizable words, such as "Bam-bam" and "ampa" (Grandpa).
He pulled his pants completely off when he was supposed to be napping earlier. Now if we can just get him to dress himself as well as he can undress himself...

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Uh-oh...I get really nervous when Jenna is around animals. You never know how they're going to react. I'm sure it's not easy to teach a 1-year-old to be gentle!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter