Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, November 10, 2006
The Glass is Half Full
Yesterday continued to get worse after I blogged. Dinner was a full-out fight with Matt and me on one side against one very stubborn baby. By the end, we looked worse for the wear, as we were wearing much of his food. We couldn't wait for bedtime.

When I got up this morning, I was dreading another day of the same. Patrick pleasantly surprised me. As a result, we all have a better attitude today. I'm able to return to a more optimistic outlook, so I will tell the cute stories from the last day or so that I haven't mentioned as my glass-half-empty outlook took over.
Patrick is a crawling freak right now. He still isn't up on his knees, but each day brings us one step closer to that milestone, I'm sure. Yesterday afternoon, he was so eager to crawl that it didn't matter that he had no destination in mind. At one point he was even just crawling in circles, quite literally. He didn't care, as long as he was moving!

Matt and I got McDonald's for dinner tonight, a compromise since traffic was awful near where we planned to go. Because of the incredibly long detour, Patrick was getting really hungry. I pulled out my constant supply of Cheerios so he wouldn't starve in the meantime, but he was much more eager for our French fries when we got them. When we got home, he was still in a fry mood. He crawled on the floor back and forth between Matt and me begging for fries. It was a great enticement to keep him occupied until I was finished eating and could feed him. That's probably the fastest way to pack pounds on him, too, even though they're not the healthiest pounds.
I was very grateful for the relatively peaceful day. It was wonderful not fighting him at mealtimes or having him scream at me all day. Once again Patrick has proven to me that he understands the concept of balance, giving me as many easy, fun days as bad ones.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

Glad you had an easier, fun day Kathy.. I know how stressful the bad can be.. He is evening them out for you!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess Patrick like "real" food much better than the stuff babies eat! I think McDonald's should use your testimony -- the foods worth crawling for. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter