Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Jog Down Memory Lane
I've been working on a project the last day or so: Patrick's baby book. Now that he's over a year old, it doesn't need to be updated as often. I decided it was best to catch up now before things get any more out of hand. Most of the writing stuff is caught up or can easily get there--thanks in part to this blog. But I'm so far behind in adding pictures. The last time I got pictures printed to put in his baby book was when my mom was here back in July. That's a lot of time to get caught up on.

Looking back at all these pictures to fill the missing holes in the baby book was quite the trip down memory lane. In the process of looking for baby shower pictures my mom had e-mailed me months and months ago, I found other pictures from Patrick's early life. It was like Christmas. Since I hadn't taken any new pictures of Patrick today (I'm far enough behind as it is), I thought I'd show you some of my favorites from Patrick's hospital days and his first week at home.
This is my favorite of his incubator or warmer pictures. This was the day after he was born, and that's my mom's hand on his back. It gives a good perspective of just how tiny he was.
This was our first ever family portrait. Mom was allowed to break the NICU rules of only allowing two family members in at a time, and she snapped this picture of the three of us.
Patrick had been home a day or two in this picture, making him about 5 1/2 weeks old. His eyes look a little brighter, but he's as tiny as ever.

Maybe I'll put up the picture of Patrick's first bath at home tomorrow. It has a funny story attached, even though the picture isn't wonderful.

Not much else happened today. Patrick was a bit needy and annoying, so I'll avoid complaining about that for now. I do have one fun story, one I'm sure his Gigi will love. While chattering to me during a playtime this afternoon, he said, "Gigi." It was in the middle of some other syllables, so I doubt he knows what it means, but he can physically say "Gigi" now at least. Sorry I didn't get it on video for you, Gigi!

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew that kid was intelligent!!

Blogger Shana said...

WOW. Since I'm new to your blog I've never seen those newborn pictures before. Amazing. Look at how much he's grown and become a real PERSON, not just a baby, and one who can say Gigi at that!

Blogger Unknown said...

Errr, that's me up there. Somehow Blogger linked my email account instead of my blogger account, but whatever.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for a little trip down memory lane. I'm glad you are keeping up with the book and pictures. You'll always be glad that you did.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter