Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Got Milk?
Happy Halloween!

Patrick's mystery costume is...



a cow!

That's right...no bull! He makes an udder-ly cute cow, doesn't he? By the way, it felt a little backwards to be breastfeeding a cow. Isn't that where I usually get my milk, not where I give it?

Patrick put up with the costume pretty well, as you can tell, even if it was a bit warm to wear in 80+ degree weather. He particularly loved the bell at the end of the zipper. I think that's the reason he chose the costume in the first place.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to do much other than take these pictures today. We had very few trick-or-treaters show up, but we had to turn our porch light off early when Patrick went to bed. I guess Matt and I will have some chocolate to graze off for the next few weeks. Patrick the Cow was content with grass.
We took Patrick next door to the neighbors' to backwards trick-or-treat. When no trick-or-treaters had shown up shortly before Patrick's bedtime, we decided to get rid of some of our candy by pawning it off on our neighbors. It gave us a chance to show off the cow costume to someone in person, at least.

And no, Matt and I did not dress up. Sorry to disappoint all of you.
He also got his first Halloween card today from Papa and Gigi. The bat in the middle was fuzzy, so I handed it to Patrick to see what he thought. I don't know what he thought about the fuzzy bat, but he loved the card. He played with it a long time. Considering he was about to break into another meltdown, it was a very timely "toy."

Speaking of meltdowns, that's how we started our day. Halfway through breakfast, he completely lost it. He refused to eat any longer, even though he usually eats much more than that, and there was no way I could get him out of his high chair fast enough. He was outright wailing, he was so upset. I still have no idea what set him off or why he was crying. A dose of Tylenol--just to be sure--and a long morning nap seemed to take care of the problem, whatever it was.

Daddy started a new game with him at lunch today--the "up" game. Matt's trying to teach him to say "Up" and hold his arms up when he wants to be held. Today it was funny, though. Matt kept saying "Up" to get Patrick to repeat him, but all Patrick would do is laugh. Now any time he says, "Up, up, up," Patrick breaks out in the most hilarious laugh. It's particularly funny when Daddy holds him up in the air when he says it.

I hope everyone had a happy Halloween today. Happy birthday, Uncle Steve...and Gigi, since it will be your birthday by the time you read this.

Labels: , , ,



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow he looks cute... well, I guess you have to be in the mooooo-d for this humor.
I still think he picked this costume because... well... deep down he is a cow-ard.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So so cute. Glad you all had a happy Halloween. Talk to you soon!

Blogger Heather Noel said...

He was by favorite animal!! How cute is that. I love the pictures.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I showed the pictures of Patrick today in his Halloween outfit.They all agreed he was way to cute. I really loved the one with the grass in his hand. Thanks for a great birthday gift!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute little cow. I wrote a clever comment last night, but it somehow didn't post, and now I can't remember it. Oh, well. I love the costume, and your pictures are precious!

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my GOD, the cuteness.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter