Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Return to Normal
It's nice to see everything settle back to normal. Yesterday was the first normal day after the weekend trip, and there was something very comfortable about the normalcy. Even then, though, I was still catching up on a few things from the weekend, in particular showing off the birthday party pictures on the blog. In that respect, today is truly the first normal day again.

To celebrate the return to normal, Patrick and I both slept late today. We're finally catching up on the sleep we lost over the weekend. Patrick's also sleeping much more than he did over the weekend because he's feeling somewhat under the weather. Last night he finally had a reaction to those shots from Monday. It was only a slight fever, but with it came some fussiness. He even woke up in the middle of the night (for him...10:00 for us). He cried and cried. We don't know what woke him up, but he sounded a little congested. Both Matt and I have also been fighting allergies since getting home from Dallas, so I'm sure that's all it is. He's been sneezy this morning too. It's kind of gross to have rice cereal and applesauce sneezed all over you (two different sneezes). We're just keeping Patrick on allergy meds, which are helping him sleep and helping him feel better.

When he's awake, though, Patrick has been having lots of fun playing with his new toys. We finally broke open the last new toy yesterday. It is basically a video game for toddlers and babies. While we haven't hooked up the video game part of it yet, Patrick is having fun playing with the controller part that makes cool noises even when it's not hooked up to the TV. I think it is the front runner as his new favorite toy. (Wait until he figures out how to make that fire truck go, though!)

He started two new things on Monday shortly before heading to the doctor's office. Great timing, huh? While waiting to leave for the doctor, Patrick was playing on the floor. All of a sudden he rolled over on his belly, where he played happily. You may remember that until then he'd always screamed bloody murder on his belly, so this was a great development. He had a lot of fun playing with the book we had just been reading.





Oh, yeah, and he wouldn't let go of that hairbrush, which is apparently still one of his favorite toys. It may not be a new toy (or even a toy at all), but it is sticking around as a favorite, even with all those new toys.

He also started saying new sounds. On the drive to the doctor, I suddenly heard, "Bababa" from the backseat. Sometimes it comes out as "Ba" and sometimes as "Bwah." I wonder if "bwah" means brush, since he says it often when he plays with his brush. I love hearing him talk. His little voice is so cute.

He still doesn't say real words other than mama, but sometimes his babbles come out sounding like real words. Yesterday he said, "Oh, boy" while playing and then repeated it later in the day. Then during a diaper change yesterday, a poopy one no less, I could swear he said, "Poop." Since he laughs every time I repeat that, I wonder if he did have an idea what he was saying. Either that, or he just thinks it's funny to both hear and say.

I've been debating whether to get professional photos taken of Patrick for his year pictures. I decided to at least try my hand at it first. These are my favorites from yesterday. What do you think? I like them, but I know professional ones will have an entirely different look. Considering we've never had professional pictures taken before, it might be about time. I don't know. I was hoping yesterday's pictures would easily solve the debate for me, but they didn't. Any advice or opinions out there?



This last one is definitely my favorite, but I don't know that it really fits what I expected as his official one-year photo.

Labels: , , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Normal is nice! It sounds like it really isn't normal, though. It sounds like he's got some new feats to brag about. Playing happily on his belly means he's very close to finding new ways to get into things! I also love seeing him enjoying the book. I think I'm going to show that one to my students. If a 1-year-old can do it.... :)
,
I LOVE all your pictures, but I would love to see some professional ones just because you could try some with different backgrounds and, more imortantly, maybe get some with the parents -- who are also adorable!

Blogger Lauren said...

Your pictures are great, but I agree with your mom. I think that since you've never done professional ones, it would be a good time to do them. Plus, it will only get harder to get professional pictures done once he becomes mobile! He poses so well for you, I'm sure you could get some great professional ones :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter