Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Hodgepodge
Holy smokes! Three days! Where did the time go? How can it be only three days until my baby turns one? That little baby on my ticker is already sitting on the year mark, and it has been for some time, just taunting me.

I guess I shouldn't complain, though. Right now my mom is probably thinking the same thing: "How can my baby girl be twenty-three already?" (By the way, happy birthday Jennifer! See you Friday!)

I apologize for the defeatist posts from the last few days. I blame the killer headache that finally went away just a few minutes ago. To make up for it, how about a cute things update?

Cute Story #1: Have I mentioned that I am Patrick's newest favorite toy? When he gets tired of playing with his official toys, he will grab for me if I'm near enough to reach (I often get down on the floor to play with him). Earlier today he actually grabbed at my pj shorts I was still wearing and pulled them partly off. He also loves when I put my head near his lap so that the back of my head is up. He has a ball burying his hands in my hair and pulling and playing.

Cute Story #2: See Cute Story #1. Yesterday he grabbed my hand--I know I've mentioned he loves playing with my wedding ring and watch. Instead of grabing my ring, though, he just gently played with and stroked my fingers. He softly cooed, "Mamamamamama..." while he played. It may be his only word right now, but I think he's starting to understand what it means. (Side note: He is working on "Hi" and "yes" too. I'm hoping he suddenly learns Papa or Gigi or Nana or Wise-and-Benevolent-Grandfather-Christy [family joke] before this weekend.)

Cute Story #3: My happy little jaybird is learning clever ways to avoid wearing clothes. He's happy as can be all the way through his bath and even getting re-diapered and lotioned. The second I pull out his clothes, however, he starts fighting. He will arch his back and try to roll over when I try to ease a shirt or outfit over his head. It effectively pulls his head back out of the opening, making me pull it away and readjust it before trying again--when he pulls away again. He also pulled his legs out of his shorts this morning. The shorts were far enough on that I still have no idea how he accomplished that. If he hadn't already proven numerous times that he can take off his own diaper, too, I would just give up and let him stay a diaper baby; it's certainly been warm enough still for that.

Cute Story #4:
He likes Daddy's new hat. Granted, it's much more fun to play with when it's on Daddy's head, but I at least got the one picture of my gangster baby looking all cool in it.

Cute Story #5:

Maybe it's not really a story. But look at how cute he is when he sleeps! He definitely gets that ability to nap from his daddy. By the way, on second thought the flash of the camera probably isn't the gentlest way to wake up a sleeping baby.

And now the other cute pictures...I know, it's about time. I kept forgetting to take pictures. The cutest ones won't happen until Saturday anyway. I should have lots to show after that!
(Gigi, is this pretty close to his daddy's famed "I dennit do it" face?)
I think he knows something is up. That looks like the face of a boy who knows he's getting new toys soon.

Labels: , , ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how that little boy can keep on getting cuter and cuter. I thought he had hit the top of cute a long time ago. I like his "i didnit do it" pic the best. He looks so innocent.Give him a birthday hug for Gramps and me. LOL

Blogger Heather Noel said...

Love all the pics but the last 2 are my favorite. The expression on his face in the next to last one is priceless

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch...his next word will be Wise-and-Benevolent-Grandfather-Christy...well I guess it really is five words, just kidding. Anyhow it is so hard to believe that he is going to be one.I wish I could be there to celebrate this precious moment with ya'll. Have a wonderful weekend and give Patrick a birthday hug from me. Happy bday Jennifer!
Luv, Mel

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Kathy, that is the exact look of his Daddy's "I didnit do it" look. We need those pictures!! He just gets cuter all the time. I can hardly wait to see him.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter