Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
The Birthday Party
I want to apologize ahead of time for not only the excessive number of pictures but also their poor quality. I realized after nearly all the pictures were uploaded that I somehow lost all the edits I had done. It may sound lazy, but I'm not doing all that work again. Also keep in mind that these are just a small sampling of all the pictures taken on Saturday. My brother took many, many more pictures (professionally I might add...I love having such great connections), and I haven't had a chance to go through any of those yet.

Pre-Party:

Patrick with his Gigi in a rare moment when he's content in someone else's arms



Loving on the cat, who was immensely entertaining to Patrick


Helping decorate--He loved his first experience with balloons.


The Cake:

My mom helped me through my first attempt at making and decorating a cake. Here is the basic shape that she was kind enough to bake for me:

The Bare Bear


The Completed Cake

I have to admit that Matt did just as much of the decorating as I did. I love that it turned into a project that Patrick's parents did for him, not just his mom. Matt's pretty artistic, isn't he?


Patrick scraping the frosting off the cake--He really did love it, even though he didn't taste much of the cake itself.


The Cake Face

I just realized I didn't post any pictures of the final cake face. He ended up rubbing his eyes and hair with the frosting hands. I may find one of the messiest face pictures to post tomorrow.


The cake when Patrick got done with it


The presents:

Before


After

Sorry I missed the during. They should be among the pictures my brother took for us.


Other pictures:

Patrick with his Great-Aunt Mary as he holds one of his presents


The Birthday Boys

I love that Patrick shares a birthday with his Papa. What a neat connection!

Labels: , ,



6 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Wow, he really "cleaned up" with all those presents! Looks like he got a lot of great stuff.

Happy Belated Birthday to Patrick...I'm glad y'all had a good time with everything. The cake is awesome!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like the bithday boys were a little sleepy in the last picture!!We had a great time at your parents house celebrating birthdays. I hope Patrick gets to were he likes his firetruck. lol

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great celebration. I think we could say that Patrick is really loved. What a lucky boy!! That was a great picture of Patrick and his Gigi.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was a great bear cake....it reminds me of my first bday cake. He really did clean up in the party. I can't wait to see the pictures that your brother took...he always does a great job.

Mel

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday little guy!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy very nice blog!
would it make fun for you to make money in the Internet?
yes?
more information
www-franco.blogspot.com
see the video

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter