Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Monday, October 02, 2006
Hypnotic TV
Grammy asked the other day which commercials Patrick is addicted to. I've been avoiding answering because it's kind of embarrassing. Patrick doesn't avidly watch commercials advertising products I would expect him to find interesting, like baby toys or food or even diapers. The best I can figure, he is attracted to commercials with oddly hypnotizing music and/or a soothing voice.

His favorite commercial of all time, the one that he will ignore even Daddy to watch, is that stupid Lypozene commercial. You know the one: "Take this only if you need to lose body fat and weight." This commercial has both the hypnotic music and a soothing voice. He works so hard to watch it that we wonder if there is some subliminal message in it that forces him to watch. Maybe we're missing something that is obvious to him.

Another commercial he likes watching that doesn't air as often is the Ask.com commercial with the red background and white writing on it. Again, it has hypnotic music. I think he likes the red too, but it has to be the music that draws him.

And the last commercial he loves cracks me up more than the others. For those of you who don't live in Texas, one of our current candidates for governor here is Carole Keeton Strayhorn. She calls herself a "tough grandma," which is kind of her catch phrase. Although her voice doesn't have the same soothing quality as the Lypozene lady's, it definitely sounds like a grandma. That certainly says something about Ms. Strayhorn, when even my infant son can identify her as a sweet grandma, just from her commercials.

For the record, even Sesame Street can only hold his attention for a few seconds at a time. How is it that Lypozene lady and Carole Keeton Strayhorn rank higher on Patrick's list of favorite TV personalities than even Elmo?

Labels:



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could make a comercial with music and try to have a soothing grandma voice so my grandson could watch me on TV. I think that would be great, what could I advertise, surely I could convince someone somewhere I was the one for their product. I will have to give it some thought and start writing the producers!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL too funny

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter