Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, September 22, 2006
A Dinner Out
On a whim, last night we went out to eat, at a real restaurant, not fast-food. It took a really long time to get our food, and I worried about Patrick finishing his food too quickly and getting restless. Apparently that wasn't a worry last night. He was so distracted by all the activity around us that he ate without realizing he was doing so. Even after finishing his Gerber's food, he continued to play with and shovel his Kix (we were almost out of Cheerios) into his mouth for ages. I have no idea how he managed to stuff so much into his tiny belly.

He even made room for some food off our plates. I gave him pieces of my garlic toast, which he enjoyed immensely, and Matt fed him several French fries. I'm not sure Patrick recognized the first one for what it was; real French fries aren't anything like the few he's tasted before from Whataburger and McDonald's. He played with it happily but wasn't eager to put it in his mouth. Then Matt got his attention, and Patrick watched while he put a similar French fry in his own mouth. The second the fry hit his mouth, Patrick opened his and started moving his fry there as well. The next time we glanced over at him, the whole fry was gone. And it definitely wasn't on the floor. Yes, actually the French fry was that good, and I'm glad we are raising our son to value quality fries.

Our waiter was unusually attentive too. He actually creeped me out just a little. When he would come check on us, he would put his hands on the back of Patrick's high chair and lean over really far. I kind of wonder...It was laundry day, and I was wearing one of my designated "laundry day shirts," one that I wouldn't typically wear out of the house. Since we had decided last minute to go somewhere, I hadn't bothered changing. This particular laundry day shirt was a bit more low-cut than normal. Unaccustomed to being around people other than Matt and Patrick, especially in a low-cut laundry day shirt, I found myself assuming less-than-demure positions several times during the meal. I had thought nobody caught the couple of glimpses of cleavage (yes, I actually have cleavage now! Breastfeeding isn't all bad.) that I flashed accidentally, but now I wonder if the waiter didn't see something I didn't intend and hovered and leaned far over Patrick and me to see if he could catch another glimpse. That would explain the creepy vibe I got from him. Most likely he was just a little weird and I'm giving myself too much credit. But at least I got to brag about my cleavage in a relatively subtle way.

Matt had to stay at work late on Wednesday night for another one of those meetings, so his boss decided to give him those extra hours back. Today he came home for lunch, and didn't go back. I love that our weekend started a half-day earlier than I expected! We may actually do something with the few extra hours this afternoon. We'll have to see what Matt and Patrick feel up to after they wake up from their afternoon naps.

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I miss my breastfeeding cleavage :( While you've got it, might as well use it to your advantage (ha!)

Glad you had a good dinner out. I hope you have fun with your boys this afternoon.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great spontaneous evening! Good for you. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the nice fall weather.

Blogger Tonya said...

lol @ the cleavage.. geez I have so much cleavage I could suffocate people.. lol Glad hubby got the afternoon off.. that is always fun and YAY @ patrick being so good in the restaurant.. got to love those quality fries.. lol

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you had a nice evening out and a early start to your weekend. William had to go in early and so he got off early too and get this ... He's off today. Yes, today IS Saturday. I am so excited except so far it is being spent doing laundry and mowing the overgrown yard ... but at least he is withing hollering distance :) Hope you have a nice weekend. Maybe we can chat on Monday.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter