Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Say It, Don't Spray It
The last few days have been much better as far as the clinginess goes. Apparently the worst of that phase is over. He will play by himself again, although he still seems to prefer it when I'm closer. He still wants me to carry him around when he gets tired too, but he's more independent the rest of the time. I like this compromise much better. Although he still wants to cuddle with me, give me big baby hugs, and be held, he wants all that in moderation. He gives me more space than before and isn't needy about it when he wants to cuddle. I'd rather he wants to cuddle instead of needing to.


As I"m typing this, Patrick is avidly watching TV. We've found one commercial that the usual channels we watch play over and over and over. And for some reason, Patrick is hypnotized by it. Any time it is on, Patrick can't turn away from it. I can't distract him from the TV with any toys or food. It's so funny to watch. It also gives us a nice break when he's fussy or upset. Even then, he'll stop everything, even the crying, to stare at the TV.


The funniest story from yesterday happened at bathtime. He'd finished bathing and was still sitting in the tub playing with his rubber ducky. I drained the water out of it while he was still in the inflatable tub because I've found that the cold air on his wet butt encourages him to give up his rubber ducky with less of a fuss. He's more eager to get out of the tub and get warm again that way. He's still fascinated with watching the water drain, too. Once most of the water had drained, I was working behind him to seal the plug back in the drain in the inflatable tub. At the same time, he leaned forward to slap the floor of the tub; it had a different feel with the thin layer of water left on it. The problem was that he was a bit gassy. That's right...he let out a huge fart, while my hand was right behind his butt. The air picked up flecks of water left in the tub and sprayed them all over my hand. I never want to feel a wet fart straight out of his butt again, even if I do know why it's wet.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tThat really is a funny story! I know he gets excited about his baths, but that's a little too much!!

He's a very bright young man to have a favorite thing to watch or hear on TV. To recognize the sound of his favorite commercial is pretty amazing!

Blogger Tonya said...

lol @ the wet fart.. that would have been too funny!! It is great that he is becomming a little more independant but yet still wants to cuddle.. It sure takes alot of stress off of you :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter