Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Alone, Not Lonely
For the first time since Patrick was born (that I can remember), I am at home alone--truly alone. Matt took Patrick with him on an errand to the Man Store (aka Home Depot). It's so weird to be here completely alone, without my little guy napping in the next room or anything. At the same time, though, I'm loving it. I feel relatively carefree for these few minutes. I don't have to keep an ear open for his cries from the other room. How weird that my responsibilities are almost non-existent for the moment. I'd almost forgotten what that felt like.

What's sad, though, is that I can't stop thinking about my guys, wondering if Patrick was happy in the car without me next to him, picturing them walking around the store, Patrick strapped to Matt's chest. How is Matt handling coping with Patrick as well as finding what he's looking for, carrying it to the check-out, and paying? I know from experience how complicated that can be, if Patrick decides to make it that way. Has Patrick done anything cute or adorable that I should have been present for?

I've been complaining to myself for days that I wanted a break from Patrick. And now that I have it, all I can think about is him (well, and Matt). I feel like I'm wasting my few minutes alone!

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

I do the same thing Kathy.. lol You finally get away for a bit and all you do is think about the baby.. or if your with anyone all you do is talk about the baby ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your entry today makes me smile because I know exactly what you are feeling! It's quite a paradox, isn't it?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too, and usually I get bored without them.

When my mom keeps them at her house and we have time to go out on a real date, we usually skip it and sleep instead. I think my sleep defecit must be outrageous at this point :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter