Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Focusing on Cuteness
Patrick's still defying me at every turn and then clinging the rest of the time. I'm either coaxing him to be independent or chiding him for being too independent. Although I can see the humor in it, it's still incredibly frustrating. So instead of talking about it yet again, I'll focus on the cute stories from the past few days.
For the first time ever, Patrick sat on my shoulders. I thought he would be scared, but as long as I held onto him, he loved it. He could reach the fan chain from there quite easily, and that is his newest obsession. I was being so careful with the way I held him so that he could balance, though, that my neck started hurting quickly. I hope it will be easier when he gets a little bigger and those legs dangle farther down, giving me an easier handhold and making him balance better.

Another of his obsessions these days is bamming on the coffee table. He stands in front of it quite well, but he hasn't mastered the art of cruising around it. If he leans too far one way or the other, he won't move his foot to regain his balance; he just falls instead. Because of that, I stay close any time he stands at the coffee table. Yesterday we had fun playing with the fact that the top is glass. I put my hand up underneath the table, and he chased my hand around from the top, giggling the whole time. It looked like he was giving me a high five when he bammed the table where my hand was underneath. He did the same thing to Daddy earlier too. I wonder if he's starting to understand the concept of glass.
Patrick's bonding with his best friend, otherwise known as the Baby in the Mirror.

Yesterday at lunch, Patrick did something that struck me as cute, so I leaned forward and booped his nose. (You may remember this. We've been booping his nose since his NICU days. It's where we touch the end of his nose and say, "Boop." I don't think he finds it that humorous, but he puts up with it.) He put his hand out toward me, with his index finger out, like he does when he wants to poke at something. Even though the hand was slimy after being in his mouth, I leaned forward to see what he wanted. He reached forward and booped my nose! Of course, I had to make the noise, but it was clear that was his intent. The slime was totally worth it.

More fun with photo-editing

Labels: , ,



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and am so glad that Patrick had a good day.

I know what you mean about the tug of war dilema. Maddy and Morgan are either into to something or pulling on me to hold them. Last night Morgan whined for hours and by the time William got home I was exhuasted with it. She just wants to be held all the time sometimes and when I do get her to play on her own she wants to stick her hand in the VCR.

So today I went to BabiesRUs and bought a VCR guard. It is so clear the I don't think the girls have even figured out that anything is different yet. I almost am giddy with anticipation of them going to put their little hands in the VCR and discovering that "Oh NO, Mommy baby proofed it" hehehehe

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stories and pictures the last few days have been GREAT. I can't wait to see him for our BD. Please email me the picture from yesterday and today, so I can print them for Gigi t take to work.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful! I love the mirror ones. I'd love to have all of them from today!

It sounds like his little brain is working all the time. What an intelligent child (not at all biased)! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think he looks like a postcard in the black and white pic at the end. You know, those old timey post cards with B&W pictures on them... Okay, so that sounded alot more descrpitive before I typed it.... Surely someone agrees with me though?


PS. Mandy: What exactly is a "VCR"... ??? LOL.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are adorable and can relate to lots of it! I love the mirror shots.. I agree with Matt as well.. and yes what is a VCR?? lol

Blogger Emmakirst said...

Those pictures are adorable. I love the one with him looking so sad. It's adorable. I agree it looks like a postcard.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter