Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Sunday, September 17, 2006
Praise the Lord!
As you may have guessed, we made it to church this morning...somehow. And it only looks like Patrick did the preaching:
He must have thought he was preaching, though, the way he kept talking during the sermon. He also thought he was singing during the songs, and only slightly off-key. It was really a good experience. Patrick was well-behaved, but squirmy and talkative. We gave in halfway through the sermon and took him to the nursery. By the time I got him situated and left, the service was already nearly over.
The coolest part is that as I was leaving the nursery to drop him off, I ran into someone I knew. I baby-sat her kids back when I was in high school. There's nothing to make you feel old like finding out a kid you used to baby-sit is now married.

I think we're going to try this church again. When we visited last year, there were red flags all over the place, which is why we hadn't been back since. Now it feels like we mesh with the church better. That year must have made a huge difference with both us and the church. We'll have to see how things work after another visit or two. I'm so ready to be settled in a church.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you all had a good experience at church today -- even Patrick! He probably was giving a sermon or maybe just "amening." We all know how much he likes singing. I love his new little suit--even shoes! It's perfect for him.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! He looks so cute in that outfit. I am so glad you found a church you want to try again and had a nice time. I can't wait for our family to settle into one church and make it family :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter