Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, September 15, 2006
A Myriad of Firsts
This week has been a week of many firsts, so I thought I'd summarize them today.

1. First invitations to go out for his first birthday party. I didn't cry. I promise.

2. First expression of displeasure that a toy rolled (i.e. was launched) out of reach. I think that scream meant, "Mom! Dad! Get my toy for me! Now!" I'll be SO glad when he can crawl and get it himself.

3. First expression of displeasure at being told no. Surprisingly enough, this is the same scream as in #2.

4. First toy ruined. Our Baby Einstein piano no longer plays well. I blame the dried spit-up inside the toy and the speaker.

5. First time to deliberately deceive Mommy. He pulled the famous pretend to be hungry trick. He leaned in like he wanted to nurse, and while I was distracted making sure he could latch on, he leaned over to grab the laptop cord that he'd hooked with his foot. He knows that one is a no-no (see #3), so he decided to trick Mommy so he could play with it for a few minutes. I don't know whether to be frustrated with him for being deceitful and disobedient or proud of him for being so smart.

6. First time to want to nurse for comfort, not hunger. I was late getting up this morning and he was upset. I thought the poor kid must be starving. Instead, he focused on gently playing with my hair or touching my face, not chowing down like I expected. At least I have one sweet first of the week.

7. First time sitting in the grass.
He was uncertain about it at first, but he didn't seem to mind it. I think he actually liked the new experience once he got used to it.
He kept poking at the blades of grass, curious about them. He yanked at it and got some grass in his hands a couple of times. It was tough making sure he didn't eat it.
Don't you love this color editing Matt did? He's learning such cool stuff about our new photo editing software.

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet pictures! He's so cute in the grass. Its amazing how
many new things he is learning!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter