Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Heart-Warming Moment
My favorite time of day is when Matt gets home from work, especially if Patrick isn't napping at the time. He has learned the sound of the door from the garage into our house opening, and he knows what that means. As soon as he hears that first click, he turns toward the laundry room where he knows Daddy will emerge from shortly, and wildly kicks his legs and flails his arms. He looks up at me usually to confirm that it is indeed Daddy coming home, and then he turns back to watch the exact moment Daddy makes his entrance.

I suspect this is the only time of day when he wishes he could crawl, or better yet, run. As it is, it's all he can do to wait patiently until Daddy can make his way to him and pick him up. I can't wait for the days when he is mobile because I want to see just how fast he can move when he's motivated enough.

That moment he is in Daddy's arms is pure bliss. He immediately throws his arms around Daddy's neck and snuggles as closely as possible. There is no greater exuberance than what he shows when hugging Daddy. After a minute, he'll pull back to look at Daddy's face and then hug him again. If he doesn't feel close enough to Daddy yet, he'll try climbing up him, with the idea that being higher means being closer to him. The best part is that he has a look of such contentment on his face the whole time. This is the moment he's been waiting for all day, and he couldn't be happier now that it's come.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger -~nim-leo~- said...

I have seen the exact same expressions from my niece. She used to do the same stuff when she was little. Now she is 2 yrs old and therefore runs to her dad. But she still has the same way of hugging her dad!

Blogger Heather Noel said...

Thats my favorite part of the day. Except its me he's hugging. I love knowing that when I get home Tanner is waiting at the door for me and when I walk in he wants me to pick him up! I love it. His daddy doesnt get home until 230am so he doesnt get to see him, but he's always excited when he wakes up and finds him home

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter