Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Monday, July 10, 2006
The Stuff I Forgot
So as the day went on yesterday after blogging, I remembered all sorts of things I forgot to mention. It's probably good, considering how long yesterday's post was already. So here are all the things I forgot to include yesterday.

1. We're finally getting brave with what we feed Patrick. The doctor very much encouraged us to try more grown-up foods and ways of drinking on Friday, so I pulled out our standard box of Cheerios the other day and started Patrick on those. He can't exactly pick up a Cheerio and manipulate it into his mouth easily yet, but he is practicing at each meal now. He really likes the taste and texture and opens his mouth so I can put one in his mouth if he can't get the one he's clutching into his mouth after the first few tries. The best news is that he hasn't choked at all yet! I've been paranoid about him choking on "real" food, so this is a huge relief to find out he can handle bite-sized pieces of food. I'm feeling a whole new freedom with what I feed him, and suddenly I'm excited to get to the point where he can eat off our plates.

2. Patrick's newest favorite toy is a water bottle, just your typical Dasani bottle. He still refuses to take a baby bottle, but he's interested in water bottles because Mommy and Daddy and Nana drink out of them. It's fun to play with, and he can get both hands around it easily. The cap is apparently fun to suck on and teethe on, and he drinks out of it even better than any of his sippy cups. It's considerably cheaper too. I'm in complete support of this new toy.

3. I'd like to take a moment to thank Nana for reminding Patrick how to spit. It's almost non-stop now. He hadn't spit for a long time, and then suddenly after we left Patrick alone with Nana for a few minutes, that became his favorite way to express himself. I hope that's all she taught him!

4. Mom helped me tackle a huge project while she was here last week: Patrick's baby book. I've been relatively good at keeping it caught up with his milestones, but I'd done nothing with these thousands of pictures I have of him. They've all just been taking up hard drive space on our computer. Mom helped me choose the pictures to have printed, send them to Wal-Mart, and pick up the prints. Then she helped me decide which pictures to use where in the baby book, a more typical photo album, and a few picture frames. I still have a few blank spots in the book and the frames, but the task of getting completely caught up isn't overwhelming any longer. I'm actualy very proud of the baby book now. It looks so much better with pictures! In the process, though, we discovered that several folders of pictures have disappeared. We were very grateful for the blog because my favorite pictures out of those missing folders are in my archives, so I can always download those again. It's not the same, but I'm glad I still have them somewhere.

5. It's been interesting watching Patrick's personality develop over the last few months. He reached a new milestone on Friday, though: he showed definite preferences. Mom and I took him to Babies R Us after his doctor's appointment. While there, he chose his own toy and one of the shirts he got. He was much more excited about this shirt than any of the other tie-dyed styles. How cute is that? He seems awfully proud to be wearing the shirt of his choice too.

Labels: , , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't mention the envy we saw when Will took Patrick's toy on Saturday... but I will leave that for another blog day.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wllwI only have two things to say... you're welcome and phththththth (that's a spit in baby language). :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter