Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, July 08, 2006
Gigi Takes Over the Blog
Today is my day to write something for the blog. I'm the far away grandmother from Big Spring, TX. We live eleven hours away. I have loved Patrick from the first day I found out I was going to be a grandparent; babies are a gift from God. I immediately started buying clothes, toys, and whatever else I found I thought the kids might need and what I thought my grandbaby would "need". Matt called on Gary's birthday to tell us that he and Kathy were on the way to the hospital and it looked liked Patrick would be born that day! We packed our bags and got a plane reservation and off we went! We were on our way to the airport when Matt called to tell us Patrick was here.

We arrived in Houston about 11;30PM and we still had to get to the hospital. When we got to the hospital we were afraid that there would be no way at that late time to see him, but Matt called the nurses from the special phone outside of NICU, and we scrubbed and went in. Patrick was so tiny, but he was breathing on his on and really just looked like a tiny baby. He was the sweetest thing I had ever seen, I knew when I saw him he was going to be fine.

Since we live in West Texas we rarely see Patrick. We have come to depend on Kathy's daily blog to keep us up to date with their lives and tell us about our grandbaby. Kathy has us addicted to the computer each day, almost like a soap on TV but better. The pictures are great and the videos make almost like we are there. The background for a lot of his pictures is an old orange chair that Matt's grandmother gave him while he was in college. Kathy has taken some wonderful pictures of Patrick in that chair.

May was a busy month for us, Matt's brother Daniel graduated from A&M University with a D.V.M. and got married. Matt was best man at the wedding so we got to see Patrick! While Patrick was here Matt and Kathy let GiGi and PaPa do as much for him as we could. That meant he got to go places with us, and yes I did go show him off a little or maybe a lot. I took him to the office where I work; he was soooo charming smiling and talking to everyone. I had a great time just finally getting to show off the real Patrick instead of the book of pictures at the office my boss calls the "catalog". Patrick also got to see his great-grandparents. His great-grandmother rocked him to sleep on her shoulder, like she has done all her grandchildren; it seemed to make her day. Patrick seemed to have no complaints either.

Kathy, thank you so much for writing the blog each and every day I don't really know how you do it, but I am truly grateful. The blog has meant we get to be a silent part of your life and I really do appreciate it. I love you Kathy, you’re a very special MOM.

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

aww the tears keep coming...

Come on ladies.. give the blog back to kathy or you will both have me crying for a week ;)

Beautiful post!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Gigi needs to get a blog. Even having been involved with all of it, there seems to have been alot going on in the last year.
Thanks for being such a wonderful Gigi.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful journal of such special events. I agree -- Kathy is a super mommy and Matt is a great dad... and Patrick is blessed with a pretty special Gigi and PaPa. Thanks for sharing, Tricia.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter