Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Bald Man's Combover
This morning as Matt and I attempted to tame Patrick's wild hair, Matt commented that it resembled a bald man's combover. The thought was funny enough that I couldn't resist sharing it with everyone. Really, the idea isn't that far from the truth. The hair on the top of his head is long, with the sides so much shorter that when we comb the long part over, as it usually does naturally, it really does resemble a combover.

Patrick was such a good boy during church this morning. He was showing off for everyone, swinging his teething toy around as far as it would go and cooing and smiling. He started squirming a lot about the time I expected him to want to eat, so I snuck him out to feed him before he could put up a fuss. The only problem is that he's short of sleep now. We had to wake him up to feed him this morning, then wake him up again for church, and then he stayed awake all the way through church. He didn't even get solid foods after we got home before he crashed.

Speaking of solid food, yesterday on a whim we decided to see if Patrick would attempt to eat foods more solid than Gerber's stage 2 food. I was having a slice of bread with my leftovers anyway, so I gave him a few smaller chunks of it. He had fun playing with the bread and quickly discovered it was intended to go in his mouth. He tolerated the more solid food quite well. I had been worried about him refusing it or choking on it, so I was relieved to see how well he took some of his first real food. We may need to try some stage 3 foods and other solid baby foods soon. He's growing up so fast!

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

lol @ the bald mans combover.. I can see what you mean though with some of patricks pics.. where is hair is so neatly parted on his head..lol He is too stinking cute!!

Im so glad he did well with the more solid food. Feeding was such a horror for us and it took so long with Randie. She is much better now thank God.

It sounds to me like he may be ready for stage 3 :) YAY!! Go Patrick..

Blogger Mandy said...

So funny! The first and only professional pics we had taken of the girls we ended up buying all the poses except for one, where Maddy was on her tummy and her hair looked like a combover and she in turn looked like a frog. I didn't get it, but then when we went back to pick them up, I regretted not getting that one too, ya know, for blackmailing sake later :)

Maddy ate a couple of soggy cheerios this weekend. William fed them to her while I was away and I was so excited but mostly because I didn't have to witness it and freak if she choked. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter