Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Three-Toof Baby
For at least a few days, it appears as though we have a three-toothed baby. I remember lamenting for months how he was still toothless and complaining about all his whining. Then I complained again when he finally cut a tooth because I couldn't believe he was no longer my toothless baby and I'd wasted all those last few toothless days worrying about the impending tooth. Now all of a sudden I no longer have even a two-toothed baby. I didn't spend the last few days worrying about when he was going to cut this new tooth, but I also didn't get the chance to cherish those last few days of a two-toothed baby. Would I have learned my lesson from last time, and when he started fussing about the next tooth, would I have enjoyed soothing his pain and cherishing that adorable smile with just two bottom teeth? While I'm glad he didn't have to go through any pain this time, I miss that I didn't get an opportunity to cherish the last few days of his two lonely teeth. Just like I woke up yesterday morning to the surprise of a new tooth, I'm afraid I'm going to wake up some morning much too soon to find his room packed as he heads off to college.

Today's good news is that Nana is in town staying with us for a few days. Patrick had a big day riding across town to the airport and socializing with Nana and Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Nick. He also got to see their puppy dog and Nick's mom's dog. Both dogs are incredibly sweet, especially Nick's mom's dog who was fascinated with Patrick. Patrick got more than one Truman-bath and even started reaching out for Truman like he wanted to pet him.

The bad part of today is that all the new people finally triggered the inevitable stranger anxiety. He didn't mind the new people as long as Mommy was holding him. Yet for the first time, he reached out for me when someone else was holding him. It melted my heart and broke it at the same time. I love that he wants me and loves me so much that he will reach for me, but I want him to also be happy being held by Nana or Aunt Jennifer. I want them to experience how loving Patrick can be when Mommy or Daddy is holding him. I hope this stranger anxiety phase doesn't last long so that I can share his cuteness with everyone again.

And finally, here are a couple of cute pictures of Matt and Patrick enjoying quiet family time on the 4th. Well, it probably wasn't too quiet with all the playing and squeals, but it was still a fun and sweet time.

Labels: , , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to complain, but where are the mommy pictures with Patrick? The pictures with his dad are great, but we need more of mommy.

Teething and stranger anxiety together make for some rough times! It looks like Patrick is taking it all in stride though!

Blogger Karen said...

What a cutie! I can't imagine stranger anxiety. Everything at this stage is temporary though!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter