Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, July 01, 2006
Growth Spurt?
I could be wrong, but I suspect that Patrick's going through a growth spurt. It all started when I put him in his ExerSaucer earlier this week after not using it for a couple of days. I hadn't adjusted the height at all, and suddenly his feet reached the bottom much more easily. It looked like he had grown an inch or more almost overnight.

The other afternoon after Patrick woke up from a nap, he was lying in his bed widthwise, which he does often. That may have been one of his last chances to do that, though. He just barely fit and already found it more comfortable to prop his legs up on the bumper on the other side. I remember when that crib used to completely dwarf him. Before I know it, I'll walk in one morning and he'll be standing holding on to the rail.

Yesterday Patrick took a marathon nap and was still ready for bed at the usual time. He hasn't acted the least bit sick and has had no fever. As a result, he hasn't gotten any medicine to make him drowsy. He's just been that tired. I'm guessing he's used so much energy growing that he has to sleep a lot.

And Patrick has been ravenous. He still eats off me a good four or five times a day and even has room for two jars of baby food twice a day, and now he wants a good bowl of oatmeal to top off the meals. More than ever, lately all he does is eat, sleep, and play. I'm glad he's going through this growth spurt before we go to the doctor next week for his nine-month check-up. I'm crossing my fingers he's gained enough weight to at least get close to being on the chart. Something tells me his head circumference is still on the chart, though!

Since I didn't take any pictures yesterday, here's a video from a few days ago instead. It's Matt playing with Patrick, trying to get him to laugh.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

OMG that video is too adorable!! I love it! He could be going through a growth spurt.. ya never know :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to watch Matt and Patrick play! The boy is so cute and adorable... and Patrick is pretty sweet, too! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter