Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Monday, July 03, 2006
Projects
Matt and I finally got around to doing a major project this weekend. We decided it was time to repaint the bedroom furniture that is currently in our guest room but that I'd had in my apartment before we got married. I'd inherited it from my parents who I think inherited it from my dad's grandmother. I doubt the furniture had ever been repainted, as the beautiful girly white was more of an ancient, gross yellow.

The project isn't as difficult as I thought it would be, which is the only reason I hadn't ever tried it before. The only problem we've encountered so far is that sanding that much paint off that much furniture takes forever by hand. We learned our lesson quickly and invested in a power sander, even if it is a cheap one. Now we're just trucking on through the project. We're waiting on primer to dry on the headboard now. By tomorrow, it should be done and the bed ready to be put back together.

This project was the last thing we really wanted to do for our guest room to be officially finished, although we were willing to ignore the yellowed paint for a while longer if we couldn't get to the project right away. When we remembered that Matt had a four-day weekend because of the holiday and that we weren't planning to go anywhere, it seemed like a perfect chance to knock out the project before my mom comes to town on Wednesday and needs to use that furniture. I'm afraid that we might not get all of it done in time, though. We still need to work on the dresser, and that will likely take much more time than the bed. It's not as yellowed, so we put it off until last. If it doesn't get done this weekend, I guess it's not the end of the world. I'm just so ready for the room to be completely done!

Sorry for the incredibly boring post. There just really hasn't been much going on around here. The rest of the week should be more interesting, though, as we have lots of company/friends/family coming into town. I mentioned my mom being here on Wednesday. My sister and her husband are staying with his mom on the other side of town all week, and my friend Lauren and her son Will came to visit her mom, also in the same area of town. Believe it or not, I may actually have a social life this week!

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Emmakirst said...

Yay at getting to redoing the furniture. We finally cleaned my daughter's room out, something that was a desparate mess that had to be tended to. Hopefully you's will have it all finished before the family arrives.

The last post of the the combover was too cute. Yay at almost being mobile! It'll happen so quickly when he does take off.

Ava has been doing the same thing about being ravenous then playing then sleeping all the time. She's definately going through another growth spurt and seems she's been rejecting the bottle these days too. Hopefully he'll take the bottle from you again really soon.

Ps. Love the last pic with Patrick and dad. It is sweet!

Blogger Tonya said...

YAY @ having a social life... geez I need a bit of one myself..lol Glad you are getting the jobs done.. you will have the room done in no time!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter