Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, July 07, 2006
I'm Taking a Blog-ication!
Today is Patrick's nine-month birthday, and to celebrate, I'm taking a short vacation from the blog. I'm turning the blog responsibilities over to his grandmothers for today and tomorrow. Don't worry; I'll be back on Sunday with all the news to catch everyone up with his antics from today and tomorrow. So without further ado, here's Nana:

Well, blog world, this is a new experience for me -- sharing my thoughts for anyone with internet to read. I must admit it's just a little intimidating, but since very few people have ever accused me of being short on words, this could be fun!

Today is a special day in many ways -- I'm here in Houston visiting with my sweet daughter and her adorable husband and my precious grandchild; I will be seeing my other daughter and her fabulous husband later this evening; Kathy and I just came from a happy well-baby check-up; and I get to have special Nana time with Patrick tonight while everyone gets some time out. (I may act like the sacrificial martyr, but it's really a lot like Christmas for me!) However, the most incredible part about this day is that it is Patrick's 9-month birthday today. It is so amazing to think that 3/4 of a year has already passed. Since Kathy has given me the opportunity to guest-blog today, I want to take this opportunity to write a letter to Patrick.


To my dear little Patrick,

Nine months ago I learned an incredible fact: sometimes very tiny gifts can change your world. You surprised us with your early arrival and we dropped everything and headed for Houston to meet you. We arrived late in the evening, and we came straight to the hospital hoping for a chance to visit you right away. Right then we thanked God for this new person who had entered our lives. Grandpa and I looked at you as you slept in your little nursery bed amazed at how strong you were in spite of your small size. My hand covered more than half of your body, but you slept so peacefully.

Since that time you have continually amazed me. You have such an effect on me and I want to share just a few of the ways that you make my life as a Nana beautiful:

1. I melt when you first see me and you immediately smile and squeal like you remember who I am. We live in different cities and only see each other every once in awhile, but as soon as we are together again, it's as if you never left. We begin the fun right where we left off.

2. I love the way you light up when I sneak in your room to get you out of bed after a nap. You seem so excited to see me -- and I can barely wait to pick you up and squeeze you.

3. I cherish the big hugs that you give when I pick you up or when you are sad or when the mean nurse pricks you for that bad blood test. The memory of those tight hugs and cuddles will always stay in my memories.

4. I smile when you are nursing on your mom's lap and you look upside down to make sure that I'm still there. It totally made my day when you screamed the time I walked out of the room because you wanted to be sure I was going to come back.

5. I laugh when you play with my bright red toes and you belly laugh when they wiggle.

6. I am entertained when you sit in your car seat next to me and proudly stretch and make your carseat toy play music. You had your mom pretty perplexed for quite awhile -- and you were the ghost all along! :)

7. I am proud of you for growing so well and for being so healthy and strong. I love to see you sitting and trying so hard to stand and move around.

8. I am grateful that you were born to such wonderful parents and it is so precious to see the way you reach for and gently touch your mother's face and the way you smile and giggle to see that Daddy is home.

9. I am amused that you like to learn new things from your Nana -- like the way you love to hold a book and "read" and chatter at the book. Much to your parents' aggravation, it's fun that you remember how to spit every time we are together again. I can't imagine how that happens!

10. I am filled with love just at the thought of you and how special you are. Your grandpa and I cherish every moment that we get to spend with you.


So, Patrick, you can see that my life will never be the same now that you are a part of it and I am a Nana now. In the future there will be more grandchildren and you will have cousins and they will also add a lot of joy to our family. I have learned, though, that my heart just keeps growing bigger and you will always have a little corner of it. I love you forever!

Love,
Nana

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

Oh sure hand the blog over to your mother... now I am bawling over here... lol What sweet words you have posted for Patrick nana!! You rock!! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter