Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Thursday, June 29, 2006
More Farts and Demons
Two quick funny stories for today:

Yesterday after Matt got home from work, Patrick and I were hanging out with him in the study while he worked on the computer. Patrick was sitting on my lap, starting to get bored but not fussing yet. Suddenly, in the silence, out of nowhere, Matt and I hear the rip of a huge fart. It had most definitely come out of Patrick, judging by the rattling I felt on my leg at the same time. Immediately after, before Matt or I could even register what had happened, Patrick laughed loudly. Yes, he laughed at his own fart--proof that he is definitely a boy. He even claims his own farts. That also proves his mature sense of humor. I didn't think little boys understood potty humor for another couple of years!
The other story happened while I was preparing dinner (Yes, again! For those of you keeping track, that makes three days in a row!). Matt had taken over Patrick duty since he was starting to get fussy, and had taken him out in the backyard. The living room was quiet, with just Patrick's gym in it, where he had been playing before Daddy rescued him. The singing star was on motion-activated mode, where we usually keep it while Patrick's playing. That way he can control when the star sings on his own by yanking on one of the hanging toys or kicking one of the arms holding the star. Let me preface the story by mentioning how motion-sensitive this star is; normal swinging of the toys will not start the music. It takes a good hit right at one of the arms or a hefty yank on a toy to start the music--at least it used to. Lately I'd noticed every so often the music seem to start without seeing any huge movement from Patrick. I assumed I'd just missed the movement.

Yesterday, though, was another story altogether. In the complete stillness of that living room, I heard the singing star start singing to what could only have been a little ghost baby. There was nobody else around to hear. Could it be the carseat demon got frustrated that we hadn't let him torment us for a few days and moved to the gym? Or do the toy demons breed when we're not around?
(By the way, I don't think it's the batteries. We just replaced the batteries in the star, and we've heard what it sounds like when the batteries in the star run down. It's more like a sick cat, crying desperately for attention. The star still sounded healthy, just singing to the air.)
By the way, the toy in the pictures is Patrick's new favorite toy. It's a new-fangled rattle-type toy. It twists at every joint so that it can be shaped into all different shapes. Patrick loves the rattle sounds and the fact that he can chew on the ends of it. I think that's the primary indicator of a good toy these days: that it can be chewed on. Well, that and that it doesn't have any electronic parts that can be possessed by demons.

Labels: ,



5 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

Too funny laughing at his own farts.. boys!! I have a ton of ghost toys..lol they are all possessed and annoying :) Love the new piccies as well.. he is too sweet. I fiddled around with one of the orangy pictures in yesterdays post and posted the link in that post if you want to check it out :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Matt I told him with little boys come "ghosts". He'll understand what I'm saying and I'm not refering to him as a ghost either!!

Blogger Emmakirst said...

Ok, that's absolutely hilarious. My 6 yr old son does that now, but for an 8 month old, he's pure boy! :)

Love the pics of him, he's adorable.

Yah, those freaky ghost toys are starting to scare me. :P

Blogger Mandy said...

Laughing at his own farts! Too funny! All about the Boy!

Demon possessed toys. See my blog for tips on how to deal with stuff like that. I think you might find my post to be appropriate.

Blogger Karen said...

I think any toy that keeps them occupied and doesn't hurt them has got to be good! I didn't realize boys started the fart stuff so early, but I guess it never ends!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter