Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, March 24, 2006
Idol's Youngest Fan
I realized that I forgot several of Patrick's favorite things when I was listing them yesterday. How could I forget his obsession with lights, curtains, and fans? He has also developed quite the affinity for American Idol. Matt and I have both followed the show during select seasons, but we've been watching avidly this year. Any time Patrick is awake at about seven on Tuesday nights, he is glued to the TV. We already knew he had an appreciation for music, but this is something else. He seems to know the difference between commercials and the show and only pays attention to the show. I don't know that he's picked a favorite yet, but I'll let you know if he does. My favorite is Katharine-with-an-"a" of course. :)

That will have to be the only fun story for the day. I'm spending more of my day worrying some about Patrick. I'm still concerned he might be sick. He's been sleeping, spitting up, and crying more than usual. When he's awake and not crying, which is still a good amount of the time, he acts like he's fine, so I'm trying not to let myself get all worked up about it. I still have theories about what might be going on. There's always the possibility that this is all related to teething, as his gums have turned into quite the mountain range the last few days. He could also have a tummyache; Matt and I have also had slight problems with that lately. I'm hoping that it's just his acid reflux acting up again. That's the easiest to fix. As he gains weight, his body needs more medicine to control it, and I'm guessing it's about time to up his meds. That could explain the spitting up, crying, and reluctance to eat sometimes. I guess if he doesn't get any better over the weekend, I'll call the doctor on Monday.

And these are pictures of the last of the special outfits from Gigi. He wasn't exactly in much of a mood to pose for me; that's why it looks like he's glaring at the camera (or me--it's hard to tell which).

Matt says he looks like the Skipper from Gilligan's Island in this picture. It must be the combination of the round little face with the nautical stripes.

He started getting chilly after a few minutes, so I tried the sweater from Tuesday's outfit (that he didn't wear then). It matched and actually looked super preppy. He wore the outfit like this the rest of the day. Of course I had to get pictures that way. I actually like these better.

After glaring at me or squinting because of the flash for every other picture, he decided to give me a huge grin right as I snapped the final picture. Here's proof he does smile!

Labels: , , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great smile in this picture -- and the outfit is sweet!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter