Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Hidden Talents
I'd been starting to get a little concerned about Patrick in the last few weeks. He's been rolling over from front to back on and off from his second month but never even tried to roll from back to front. He only rolled from front to back sporadically, a couple of times in one night and then not again for a week or so. I was starting to worry that he wasn't developing right because of how he wasn't even really trying to roll over.

Then yesterday, I stopped worrying at all. He was napping when I went to take my shower, and I checked him on the baby monitor to make sure he was settled before going out of earshot for a few minutes. Sure enough, he was sleeping, but what was interesting is that he was sleeping on his belly. Obviously I had placed him in his crib on his back. He had promptly rolled over onto his belly as soon as I left the room to get himself more comfortable. Now I wonder how long he's had this talent and hid it from us. What else does he do when we're not around? He's probably writing novels, practicing long speeches, and running marathons. No wonder he seems to like being alone in his room sometimes!

By the way, have I mentioned how proud I am of Matt for installing those fans by himself this weekend? He did a great job, and they're already helping the temperature in the house considerably. Patrick loves it too. This morning when I changed his diaper before his morning feeding, he was screaming, as usual. All my best efforts to entertain him went unnoticed. Then suddenly the fan caught his attention, and he stopped crying immediately. He proceeded to giggle and smile at the fan and even talk to it. Let me tell you--that makes me feel loved, that the fan is more entertaining than I am. Oh, well, whatever works!

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you need to do more spinning with your arms out!! :)

I'm sure Patrick has many hidden talents!! Just wait until you leave him alone in his room when he's 2 -- you may find many surprising abilities! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue want we have fun reading the blog when he is 2?? I can't even imagine the fun things he'll be able to do then, but I bet it will be fun!! Kathy, he is such a sweetheart, thank you for all your time on the blog for all of us to stay up with "the boy"

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter