Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, March 18, 2006
Good Friends
I forgot to mention in the post from last night that I had a special treat yesterday. My friend Melanie whom I've known since high school came to spend the afternoon with me. She lives in Clear Lake, on the other side of Houston from where I live now, but where I spent my junior high and high school years. We'd been trying for several months to find a time to get together and hang out, and yesterday it finally happened. It was great seeing her again. She's fun to hang out with; we can talk about everything together. That was also her first time to see Patrick. They got along really well. Patrick must have been able to tell what a great person she is. Anyway, it made for a great afternoon. She even got to go to the doctor with us.

So far today has defied all routines. Patrick woke up much earlier than normal, not really hungry but definitely mad, and it took both Matt and me about half an hour to get him calmed down enough to get him back to sleep (Matt had the magic touch finally). Then when he woke up for his first feeding for the day, he took his time eating. And less than three hours later, he was already awake to eat yet again. Again he took his time eating, a total of nearly two and a half hours to eat breastmilk followed by solid food. He must have been super hungry. He ate much more of the solid food than usual, over half a jar of Gerber bananas and almost the usual amount of rice cereal in addition. I truly didn't realize I had been starving him by not feeding him more before. He's now sleeping comfortably. I, however, didn't get that chance. I was still exhausted from sleeping only in short spurts since about five this morning, so I tried to get a nap after Patrick finally finished eating. I guess I slept another half an hour to an hour--better than nothing, but I'm still tired. I should sleep well tonight. Let's hope Patrick does too.

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to precious Patrick. He is such a reminder that even when things don't go "according to plan", God works them for good in our life! It was so precious to be with you last weekend. Tell Matt I appreciated getting to hold and play with Patrick on Saturday morning!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter