Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Fuzzy Blanket
Because of the cooler weather, we've been keeping a blanket (or two) near Patrick at all times. We've resurrected a few of the warmer blankets that we'd retired when the spring-like weather came. Among these are his two favorite blankets: the fuzzy blankets. They are super soft on one side and used to be the only blankets he would sleep with. He's clearly glad that they have been pulled back out of his drawer. When I cover him with one, instead of kicking it off immediately like he does with the other blankets, he pulls it to him and holds it with a death grip with both hands. I love that he already has a blankie that he claims as his own. It's great that he's starting to make his likes and dislikes so obvious.

Likes: fuzzy blankies, Gloworm, bananas, riding in the car, Daddy
Dislikes: medicine, teething, being hungry, being in his carseat when the car isn't moving, waking up without Mommy or Daddy around

Yesterday evening was a fussy one. We're not sure of the exact culprit, but we're guessing it was either teething or an upset tummy or both. He even cried through his solids feeding, which never happens. That's one of his favorite times in the day. Fortunately he is making up for yesterday's fussiness today. He's been charming all day, barely even crying. He's a lot of fun when he's like this. I'm glad these days are becoming more frequent and the fussy days less so.

As promised, here are a few pictures of Patrick in his special outfit he wore yesterday. Some of these turned out a lot better than I expected. I think the second picture below is my new favorite picture of him. If you notice, I've changed my profile photo to this one (quite a feat, let me tell you).

He was still pretty sleepy after his nap, so he wasn't particularly smiley. Every picture had a serious look. In reality, it's a sleepy look, but I'll call it contemplative instead. And no, I don't know what he's looking up at here.

And my new favorite picture. Again the serious look, but his eyes are so beautiful. He looks older than his age because of his eyes, despite the baby rolls and chubby cheeks.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! He's the cutest baby ever... and I'm not even prejudiced at all! :)

Blogger Lauren said...

he is so precious in his little blue romper! i like the one where he is looking up...it looks almost like a professional picture :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter