Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Update about Patrick's Butt
Thanks for all the advice you experienced moms gave yesterday about Patrick's diaper rash. Fortunately, this appears to have been a short-lived problem. After talking with my own mom yesterday afternoon, we came to the conclusion that the poop issues were most likely related to something he ate. I fed him mango baby food the day before. He's had mangoes before, but it's been a long time. Probably the mangoes had a "peaches" effect on him, causing the poop problems. Now that they've cleared out of his system, that problem is also clearing up.

The diaper rash is sticking around a little longer, but it's already much better. I can change his diaper without so much as a whimper from him again. He seems to grow impatient with how long it takes now that I'm smearing cream on his bottom, but it doesn't bother him to have the red spots touched. Yes, the red is still there, but patchier and less red than yesterday. I'm crossing my fingers that it continues to get better. I don't want to have to deal with a yeast infection (thanks for scaring me, you helpful moms! :) ).

Patrick is also acting like he feels better today. He wasn't too bad yesterday, but he acts brighter today and smiles more easily. He's more energetic again, literally crawling in circles around the floor awhile ago. It's nice seeing him back to his normal self, even if I couldn't tell a drastic difference yesterday.

By the way, I seriously did consider leaving him out of his diaper for a while during the worst of the rash yesterday. Since the poopy problem wasn't over at the time, though, I was reluctant. It's one thing to have a pee spot under him; poop is something entirely different. Also, Patrick's quite the little man when it comes to peeing. He wouldn't just leave a little wet spot under him. He'd probably spray the walls and everything around him as well. He's got quite the aim. I wouldn't be surprised to find his name spelled out in pee on the wall if I left him diaperless for long--if he could spell yet, that is. Leaving his diaper off him would only be a last resort, and only then if I could coat the room in plastic first.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dying laughing - too funny about Patrick writing his name on the wall in pee!!! We do have a talented family so you never know... Seriously, I feel like I'm raising Grant as a baby all over again reading your blog. You reminded me that I heard that some fruits have more acid in them than others and when the poop exits it can cause some rash. Hadn't thought about that in years. Glad he's better. Love y'all, Ginger

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter