Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Quick Update
Just a quick drop-in tonight. We're all still alive and kicking, quite heartily in Patrick's case, despite the fact that I was gone yesterday. It's just more working through some minor computer issues that should (cross your fingers) be fixed as of now.

Really, it doesn't much matter that I didn't blog. Not much of interest has been happening. Patrick's done a cute thing or two, mostly related to the puppy. He loves going outside with me when I take Angie to go potty. We have to play with her for a few minutes to persuade her to poop so she won't go in the house, and Patrick finds that the most amusing part of his day. He laughs a huge belly laugh each time Angie runs towards or away from us. He's also decided it's his job to carry her rope, I suppose to play with her with it, when we take her from her pen outside and then to the living room. It's particularly funny because he's not so interesting in playing with her where she can reach him. He's still just a bit nervous about having her in his face.

As far as Matt and me, we're just adjusting to life with an emerging toddler and a puppy. It's a lot more work than I thought it would be since I can't leave either alone for more than a second or two at a time. And both have to be carried sometimes since neither follows on their own very willingly. That's tons of fun with a baby in one arm and a puppy in the other, trying to keep the puppy from nipping at the baby or the baby from hitting the puppy, and maneuvering doors open and closed at the same time. I'm becoming the master at multi-tasking.

Pictures to follow tomorrow. I promise I'll download the many, many pictures I've taken over the past few days when I find a few seconds tomorrow.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You thought you were a multi-tasker as a teacher??? The definition of a mom is to have 6 hands, 4 legs, and eyes in the back of her head... or at least her job demands that she act as if she does! Just think of the great workout you're getting. :)

Blogger Karen said...

Is the puppy a full miniature schnauzer? She is sooooooooooo cute! I can't imagine having a puppy and a baby. Our mini schnauzer was 6 when he died, but I remember when he was a puppy, we both wondered what we were possibly thinking, wanting a puppy. That went away after a month or so. Then he was the best dog EVER--just really unhealthy.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Karen, Angie is a purebred miniature schnauzer, she is just more salt than salt and pepper, more like her dad. Tricia

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter