Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Goofy Personality Day
So behind in cute stories. Before we get to them, though, here are the first few of the pictures that I finally downloaded off my camera. I'll probably post a few of my favorites each day until I am caught up.
Patrick was being so cute and sweet yesterday evening. I wasn't feeling great, so I was lying on the couch. Matt had to go do something in the other room, so he left Patrick with me, lying next to me on the couch. I figured he would squirm out of my arms right away, like he always does, but he lay there comfortably until Matt got back. Then Matt held him in his lap while he watched TV for a few minutes, and Patrick sat happily with him, for probably a good ten minutes or so. He was watching the show too, kicking his feet a little bit and playing with his fingers absentmindedly. It was such a sweet moment, and Matt and I kept looking at each other in wonder.
Patrick's sense of humor is uncanny sometimes. We'll catch him laughing at things on TV that we didn't even realize he was watching, much less should he recognize as funny. He'll even laugh before we do sometimes. I'm starting to think he understands a lot more than we give him credit for. Just because he can't say the words yet doesn't mean he doesn't know what they mean. Sometimes his laugh is a real belly laugh, and sometimes it is his new fake laugh. The fake laugh cracks me up because he knows when to use it, like at Daddy's corny humor or something.

The funniest moment from the past few days, though, was when Daddy was being silly and dancing the robot (and badly at that). We didn't know Patrick was watching until we heard that wonderful belly laugh. From then on, it was the funniest thing for Daddy to dance the robot for him. How should he know the robot is funny? Is it just goofy-looking or something?

Just a few minutes ago, Angie randomly started barking at the pen in the corner where Patrick plays often. I would think she's just crazy, but I think instead she was hoping Patrick would suddenly show up and start playing with her. The two are becoming fast friends, but they seem to get along better with the gate between them, so that Angie doesn't bite his fingers or toes and Patrick doesn't "pet" a little too hard. All Patrick has to do is squeal his Angie squeal, and she'll go running like a mad dog around the house, barking at him the whole time. It's adorable to watch.
On the pregnancy front, the morning sickness continues, but is more tolerable than last time so far. It seems to be staying mostly in the mornings, which is quite a blessing to have afternoons and most of the evenings free from it. It also hasn't been as severe yet, with no rushed visits to the bathroom. I'm hoping those decide not to happen at all this time. I puked enough times with Patrick to last a lifetime.

I have my first visit to the doctor on Thursday. I should hopefully find out then a better idea of just how far along we are. You may notice the ticker change then, when it's less vague of an estimation. By the way, I have the best husband ever. He figured out how nervous I was about this appointment (thinking about it was making me nauseous), so he's taking the afternoon off to go with me. I'm more worried about how to handle Patrick through the appointment than anything, so it's great to have help with baby-handling. Just knowing Matt will be there is taking a load off my shoulders.
I think that's it for tonight. I'll try to post again tomorrow, at least so you can see more pictures. I'm sure I've forgotten fun stories from the past few days too, so maybe I can catch those up too.

Labels: , , , , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure have a good looking Grandson and he has a cute puppy. Glad they are getting along, I think every little boy needs a puppy to grow with, and they sure seem to be doing that! Love you all.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all the cute stories and pictures, but my favorite story is Patrick laughing at the robot dance. I can just hear his belly laugh and, sadly, I can vividly imagine the robot dance! :) Just kidding, Matt. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter