Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, January 26, 2007
Too Bad I Can't Resign
This has been one of those days that I wish I could hand over my mommy job and escape somewhere for the day. I've been moving from disciplining the puppy to Patrick and even my parents' cat. I'm so tired of yelling names and the word no. I'm tired of being ignored and talked back to ("Ma!"). I'm tired of having to enforce naptimes a few minutes before I intended to just because I need a break from all the disobedience.

I'm sure I'll re-read this post in a few days and remember what happened and laugh, because even I recognize it's a little silly. But right now I just don't know how much more I can take. Here's the short list of faults I have had to discipline for today:

Angie: biting at my feet when I walk, biting at my pants when I walk, peeing on the floor, pooping on the floor, playing with Patrick's toys after I repeatedly take them away, "helping" change Patrick's diaper, chewing on Patrick's sock, I could go on and on..

Patrick: repeatedly crawling to poke at Angie when she was in her kennel being punished, pulling up on the TV, dropping his toys so that Angie could play with them, biting me on the shoulder hard enough to break the skin

The cat: (side note--This cat is ancient and in failing health, and she can get away with just about anything. Until recently, she was on death's door, so it's probably good that she's being a bit cantankerous. Patrick is obsessed with her, but Angie's not sure what to think just yet.) climbing up on the kitchen counter to lick the dirty dishes

Okay, now that the pain from the bite on the shoulder is starting to wane, the list is starting to look a little bit funny. I'm still exasperated with all three, but I can at least see the humor in the situation. Remember that my hormones are out of whack and I can overreact to anything and everything. Oh, and I have been fighting the worst morning sickness yet all day. It's still not like the best days with Patrick, but that doesn't mean I'm not uncomfortable because of it. The desire to just sleep it off makes me cranky any time I'm not sleeping. I'm starting to feel bad for Patrick and Angie all of a sudden. Maybe they should be nominated for sainthood for putting up with me.

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a little funny because it sounds almost identical to my day Wednesday. I didn't feel great and after being cooped up at home all day with the girls I was so on edge. I put them to bed over an hour early.

And what is up with this biting thing. Maddy bit Morgan on the nose the other day and left bright pink teeth marks on both sides of Morgan's nose. Maybe she was getting her back since Morgan had pulled out a chunk of her hair earlier in the day. I think we are heading into the terrible twos a little early. :( I'll pray for you if you pray for me :)

Blogger liz said...

A little late to the table, but my heartiest congratulations to you, Matt, and Patrick on your pregnancy.

Woot!

Blogger Lauren said...

I hope you're feeling better, Kathy! Sorry about the bad day and the morning sickness :(

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter