Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, January 19, 2007
The Details
Thank you everyone for the congratulations! As you can tell, we're pretty excited. We found out a week ago today. It was kind of a surprise, although a welcome one. I truly didn't expect to find out we were pregnant when I took the test; it was more to rule it out as a possibility. And yes, Matt was the first person I told, regardless of his silly comment. I called him at work right away. We have spent every free second since then evaluating how exactly things work out with two kids, how to assign rooms for them, what to do if this pregnancy ends up like Patrick's, etc. By the way, we have a question for all parents of more than one. Can it work out to keep a nearly-two-year-old in the same room with a newborn? The new baby would stay in its playard in our room for the first few months like we did with Patrick, but after that we think it would be most convenient to have them both in the nursery. Can that work? Have you tried it, and how did it work for you?

As far as the pregnancy itself, this one is already going better than Patrick's. I think the lack of stress going into this one is making it easier. I haven't really had morning sickness yet, which is already over a week later than it started last time, even if it hit this afternoon. I'm crossing my fingers that it decides I got my share of it for at least two pregnancies last time and stays away this time. I am most definitely hormonal, though, as everyone else here can attest to. I think everyone is walking (or crawling) on eggshells around me, and probably for good reason. I can also tell that my lower belly is tighter already. I suspect I'll be into maternity clothes just a bit sooner this time around.

We think I'm about six weeks along right now. I have an appointment at the doctor in almost two weeks, and I'll have more details then. Really we probably should have waited to broadcast the news until after that appointment, but we were just so excited about it that we couldn't wait that long.

Oh, and Jennifer mentioned in the comments of the last post another problem I'm presented with. This blog is supposedly all about the boy, but it certainly won't be soon. In fact, it's already taken a turn talking about the new baby at least as much as him. That means I'm in need of a new blog title. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Just leave them in the comments section or e-mail me. As soon as we hit on one I like, I'll be changing it. That also means that if you link to me, you may want to change your link when the title changes. Keep watching for it!

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me add my cyber-congrats, too. I had commented on the last blog, but for some reason it never posted. Off course, we are thrilled for you guys. We are also praying for an easier pregnancy and on-time delivery this time. Love you all.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...so much for getting back into your victoria secrets bras...lol....but it is worth it.

luv, Mel

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am kind partial to "PaPa's Kid's Corner" LOL Have you thought about it might be as simple as adding an s at the end of Boy?

Blogger Anita said...

Congrats on the pregnancy, hope all goes well for you.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter