Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Sunday, December 10, 2006
Just Like Mommy
Again, my apologies for missing a day of blogging yesterday. I guess I'm in a bit of a blogging slump. I'll try my best not to go more than a day without posting something, though. Today I have several cute pictures.
He's trying to decide between his board book and the complete works of Shakespeare behind him. He's my boy, for sure! I'm so proud.
He also is fascinated with the whole laundry process. He tried to help me every step of the way the other day. Here he is after the first load went in the washer. He helped fold clothes when they got dry.

Once they were folded, he had fun crawling back and forth across the piles I hadn't had a chance to put up yet. His bibs are apparently much more interesting in a pile on the floor than they are when he has to wear them.

And here's another pose in front of the bookcase. He keeps crawling over to it and poking at the books. I'm glad so far he hasn't managed to pull any off the shelf. I'm keeping a few of his books on the ground so he has something safe to keep his attention while he's there. It's not foolproof by any means, but he has fun holding his books and crawling around with them, especially his new Santa book (the one in his hands).

The big milestone we're working on now is complete weaning. He's been down to just one nursing session a day, first thing in the morning, for almost a month. This morning, he couldn't focus on nursing and was distracted by anything and everything. That was the first sign he was ready to give up every other nursing session. I guess at a year old adjusted age, he's decided he's too old for that anymore. I'd been looking forward to this day for some time, but now that it's here, I'm not ready to give up nursing yet. It truly is my only calm quiet time with him anymore. It's funny how when all I had was quiet time, when he was a newborn, I hated nursing him, and now I long for those quiet moments again.

I suppose it's a good sign that he's ready to move on, and by his own choice. He's growing up and doesn't feel like he has to cling to those babyish habits. I need to follow his example and let him grow up at his own pace as well. I'll let everyone know when the official weaning occurs. I think I'll keep offering for a few days to see whether this morning's distraction was temporary or if it really is his sign that it's time to move on.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Patrick with the books and helping around the house! He's a very well-rounded little guy. :)

It sounds like the you're handling the weaning thing is a wonderful way. It is tough giving up the quiet times with him, but now you can institute new quiet moments -- like reading to him before naps or something.

Blogger Tonya said...

The pics are great as usual and hope the whole weaning thing goes good for you and patrick :) He will let you know..

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter