Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, December 01, 2006
Mini-Milestones
Blogger is being uncooperative tonight with letting me add my photos. It's too bad; I really could have used one of them to illustrate a point. I guess my words will have to work overtime to make up for it. I'll try later to post the photos from today.

We have a few more mini-milestones today. Patrick has figured out how to get back to a sitting position from a standing one. When he gives up on me rescuing him when he gets tired of standing along the side of the pen, he can just fall back on his diaper and go back to playing. I'm probably more thrilled about this development than he is.

I also love watching him pull himself up to his knees and then lean back to sit on his feet. (This is what one of the pictures shows.) He looks like a real little boy when he sits like that, not a baby just learning how to move his body.

I think he's starting to work his way into standing up all by himself. Several times today while he was sitting on his feet, he pushed his body up to his pulled-up-on-his-knees position, without having to pull up on anything. He is building that strength and balance. Before long he'll be able to balance on his feet, too. It's exciting thinking about him standing and walking!

Patrick loves to practice pulling up on our pants legs. Yesterday morning he had a little surprise as he pulled up on my pajama pants with an elastic waist. Yup, the more he pulled, the more they fell. He didn't make it very far.

He also loves his daddy more than ever. For the first time today, the second he heard Daddy come home from work, he took off crawling at top speed to find him. He reached him within seconds. This was the scenario we've been looking forward to since before he was born, when he runs to welcome Daddy home. He may not technically run yet, or yell out, "Daddy!" in that cute voice, but he has the same enthusiasm that we've imagined. That was one of those moments that makes being a parent worth it.

Labels: , , ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it wasn't going to take Patrick long to sit down when he was standing. We enjoyed getting to see the 3 of you at Thanksgiving. Can hardly wait until Christmas. Won't be very surprised if he is trying to walk. Eagar to see the pictures. LOL

Blogger Tonya said...

that is so awesome when the take notice to you coming home or stuff like that.. it wont be long before patrick is walking.. don't rush it too much though because not long after it happens you wonder where your baby went and you will miss it!! lol Cant wait to see piccies!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick is such a smart little guy. I knew he would figure it out fast, and now he's getting stronger so he can get his body to cooperate. The jammie story is really funny! I'll bet that surprised Patrick! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just see the delight in Matts eyes when that little guy came racing to him, how sweet that must have been. I can hardly wait to see all of you for Christmas. Love to all.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter