Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Monday, November 13, 2006
No Pants=Good Day?
Today went much better overall. Circumstances worked out so that Patrick only got one afternoon nap, and much later than normal. Oddly enough, it was a change in routine that allowed that to happen, when it was a change in routine that had caused all the sleep problems to begin with.

As a result of a long story, one too long to tell this late, Patrick and I had to run an errand to our insurance agent this afternoon, and we had to leave right as he started acting like he wanted a nap. Despite being sleepy, he was extremely well-behaved the whole time we were gone. I could have forgotten I had a kid in the car if he hadn't cooed softly or talked to his keys from time to time. He was sociable and charming to the woman at the insurance office. Why couldn't that Patrick stick around more often?
While reading his book (yes, without pants--he sat in something sticky earlier), he very clearly said a real word...baby! There wasn't a baby in his book, and he refused to repeat it later, even when I pointed to a baby on the TV and asked him to repeat "Baby" after me. Oh, well. He's been chattering so much the last day or two that I half-expect a language explosion soon. Maybe saying "baby" was a precursor to that.
Feeding times have been strangely easy lately, too. He hasn't fought me at all, even when I've fed him foods that he typically doesn't prefer. I guess he's been hungry enough that he'll eat almost anything. As much as I love it when he eats well, if it does mean he's that hungry, then I guess I need to feed him more until he does start fighting me again. I've got to make sure he gains another pound before his next weight check in December. Holiday season should help. I wonder how much of Thanksgiving dinner he'll sample...

As you can tell, one of the books we read today was to get him in the mood for Turkey Day next week. Maybe he's dreaming of turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and green bean casserole right now. And if I don't stop, I will be, too.

Labels: , , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Ahh! I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week!! Cute pics of Patrick with no pants :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the Thanksgiving feast always fattens me up, so I'll bet Patrick will have the same result. I'll bet he'll love all the yummy grown-up foods! Thanks for the fun pictures. You know how much I LOVE to see the little guy reading. :) Maybe I'll skip inspiring my students with the no pants picture.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter