Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Monday, October 30, 2006
Stories About my Boys
As Patrick has gotten older, his afternoon naps have grown shorter and shorter. I used to be able to accomplish all sorts of things during that nap, including blogging. Now that he's not sleeping as long, though, I find myself rushing through my usual naptime tasks to hopefully get them done before he wakes up. Not only do I not finish everything I hope to most days, but I don't do a quality job of any of it.

I want to apologize for not recognizing I needed to change things sooner. I realize my blogging over the past few weeks has suffered. I may have given enough tidbits and cute stories to keep everyone satisfied, but I know it wasn't great. It wasn't the quality I expect from myself, and I'm working to change that. That's why I am now planning to blog every evening, once Patrick is in bed for the night and asleep, when I have as much time as I need to say what it is I want to say. I can't guarantee I still won't have an off day from time to time, but I hope in general my posts will improve.
Patrick has been much better behaved the past few days. I've been very grateful for his good, sweet behavior. I missed this good Patrick. Last night he suddenly decided he wanted to drag his bedtime blankie around with him. I let him because it was super cute. At one point he was scooting around on the floor, chasing after some toys that Matt and I kept moving to keep out of his reach, and he gave up. He saw his blankie lying on the floor near him and scooted over to it as quickly as possible and dove face-first into it. It was adorable to watch. He loves that blankie so much, probably because it's so soft to rub against his face.

Matt and I were having lots of fun playing with Patrick last night. No, we weren't joining in his play with his toys; we were playing with him, using him for our own entertainment purposes. That's where the moving toys out of his reach came into play. Fortunately Patrick cooperated and seemed to be having as much fun as we were. He never even knew we were trying to have fun at his expense.

He took a moment out for cuddling earlier too. I was getting ready to put him down for a morning nap, and he was still pretty playful. So I asked him to say, "I love you, Mommy," knowing of course that the only word of those he could almost say was "mommy." Instead of responding in words, he leaned forward and snuggled up against me, even leaning his head on my shoulder. He said in actions what he couldn't yet say in words. That was without a doubt the sweetest moment of my day.

Matt's sweetest moment came when we got out of the car to go into the grocery store. I was strapping Patrick into the Bjorn, which Daddy wears much more often but wasn't today because he still isn't feeling completely up to par (more about that later). As I was getting him situated, he kept leaning forward and reaching for Daddy. Even when he was completely strapped in, he kept grabbing at Matt's shirt, hoping maybe he would carry him after all. I've never seen him want his Daddy that badly.
Time for the Matt update. He is doing pretty well tonight. He went to work this morning, but he was sent home for the afternoon. He was still in quite a bit of pain all afternoon but slept it off. The right amount of pain medication and that sleep seem to have helped tonight, though, thank goodness. And despite what he might tell some of you, he has most certainly not been a baby through all this. Considering how he has felt, he has been very sweet (like always). I think he's ready for some real food again, though. He should be cleared for that on Friday, and we are all greatly anticipating that!

Labels: , , , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cute stories about Patrick! I can just picture him snuggling into your shoulder. That's the sweetest "I love you" ever! I think he really understands what that means. I can also imagine him lunging into his blankie. That sounds so much like another baby I knew! :)

Blogger Tonya said...

aww what a sweet moment you both had .. too cute! Hope by Friday Matt will be eating all his usual favourites!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter