Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Busy Day
It's late and it's been quite a busy day. For that reason, you're only getting a summary of the day and no pictures quite yet. I'm ready to go to bed.

Patrick got his first "real" bath today. We discovered that his inflatable tub suddenly sprung a much worse leak than we've been ignoring for weeks. It wouldn't hold air for longer than two or three minutes, so we had to find another solution to bathe him. I figured it was worth a try to see how he would do in the big tub all alone. It turns out it was about time to let him graduate. He didn't even act like he noticed a difference. The only problem was that if he bounced while sitting, he would scoot just a little bit towards the drain. As long as I kept that from happening too much, he was fine. Yes, we got pictures. You'll get to see them tomorrow, hopefully.

Most of the day was spent across Dallas at my aunt and uncle's house. They have an awesome setup in an upstairs gameroom that is perfect for movies. We watched Over the Hedge at first while we attempted to entertain Patrick as well. He hadn't gotten a very long afternoon nap, so he was quite a handful to keep happy. Finally we gave up and set up his playard in another room to let him get more sleep.

He still hadn't slept when the movie ended and we started getting hungry for dinner. We took him anyway, even though he was still so tired. He was very distracted and squirmy during dinner, but seemed to be in a better mood with a full belly at least. When we got back home, we put on another movie and let Patrick play in the floor. He was much more content then, but I think that was mostly because he could chase after the dog and cat more easily that way. Eventually it was late enough and he was beyond the point of giddy, so we put him back in his playard. He slept peacefully until it was time to go.

The most fun part of the day was watching Patrick with the cat and dog. He's already been fascinated with my parents' cat, as always, but it's gotten much cuter now. His voice changes to a new tone when he sees the cat, and I swear this morning he said, "Kitty," to me when I mentioned the cat, and again almost every time he saw her all day. I could tell when the cat walked into a room just by his reaction. He had the same reaction when he saw the cat at my aunt and uncle's house. This cat is a little more skittish after being around more little kids, so he ran before Patrick could get to him. But that didn't stop Patrick from trying. He was also interested in the dog, but it wasn't the same fascination he has for cats. Too bad because the dog was begging for attention the whole time, even from a near-toddler who has yet to comprehend the concept of "gentle."

Patrick is also really warming up to the relatives on this trip. He's still clinging to Matt and me more than usual, but it's helping that all the "new" relatives aren't swarming him at once. He's getting more comfortable with Nana and Grandpa already, and he had a blast laughing at Uncle Bill and Aunt Mary today, even though he wasn't thrilled with letting them hold him yet. All in time.

Tomorrow is church, and his Papa is coming for a short visit. It should be another busy day. I hope we manage to sneak in enough naps so he'll stay happy. Maybe I'll have to work in enough naps for myself to keep me happy, too!

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

how cute :) I bet he is saying kitty.. lol Sounds like he is having fun though and I know what you mean about sneaking in naps.. I am so tired today as well!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter