Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, October 14, 2006
It's Working
Operation: Stuff the Kid seems to be going quite well so far. The other day after the doctor's appointment I weighed Patrick at home to get a baseline on our scale so that I could continue to weigh him from time to time to gauge his progress. When I weighed him then, he was 16 pounds. It was obviously an estimate, since it only measures pounds and half-pounds. It's not accurate by any means, but I figured it would help me know how quickly he gains weight.

Last night I weighed him again. It showed he was 16.5 pounds, up half a pound already since Tuesday when I weighed him the first time. Even taking into account the inaccuracies, it proves he has gained weight since Tuesday. I'm hoping it's that full half-pound, but it's more likely a quarter of a pound or so. Either way, he has to be growing at a faster rate this week than over the last few months. I'd say that's good progress.

Sometimes at meals, I think Patrick just gets bored before he gets full. It's becoming a challenge not only to put enough food in front of him to fill him up--and food he will eat--but also to keep him entertained the whole time he has to sit in his high chair to fill up.

On the other side of things, I'm starting to wonder sometimes if he is entering the terrible twos way too early. He'll go through a rebellious stage for a couple of hours each day. During those couple of hours, he refuses to do things the way Matt or I wants them done. He will fight us every step of the way, kicking, screaming, and biting if we make him do something he doesn't want to do right then, like take a nap or leave a "toy" (like the remote control) alone. Just this morning, he bit Matt several times, pinched his face, and kicked him in a sensitive spot. Last week at his birthday party, I had to spank him in front of the guests when he bit my shoulder in retaliation for me letting other people hold him. It's getting quite frustrating. Does it get any better before it gets worse? Or are his terrible twos really going to test my limits, especially when he learns how to say no?

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does sound like Patrick is doing much better on the weight gain already! Perhaps he was born with your metabolism.

So, you think Patrick has a mind of his own or what? Luckly, he also likes to please people and make them laugh. Maybe that Patrick will win in the long run! :)

Blogger Heather Noel said...

Its funny that you say that about the terrible twos. Our Pedi. said its not when they turn 2 but when they enter their second year of life...which techincally Patrick is. I had asked if it was some kind of myth and she was like oh no....I know thats just what you wanted to hear.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The girls are really testing me lately too. The other day I could not wait for William to get home from work. It seemed all day all I did was fight and argue with them trying to get them to quit doing stuff they knew they shouldn't do. I think they turned the t.v. on and off, on and off so many times I wanted to throw it out the back door. Seriously, they are getting sneakier and smarter by the day.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter