Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, September 09, 2006
Noggin News
The outfit you see in today's pictures is the second outfit I pulled for Patrick to wear yesterday. The first one was a cute gray onesie that looked just small enough to fit him reasonably well, despite being sized for 6-9 months. I unsnapped the neck snaps and attempted to ease it over his head. It wasn't going easily, so I checked for more snaps--there weren't any more--and then adjusted the angle of the opening over the crown of his head. It still didn't go. Patrick was getting upset, so I gave up and tossed the outfit into his pile of 3-6 months clothes that he's already outgrown.

So there you have it. Before he even got to wear some of his new, bigger clothes, he's already outgrown them. Or rather, his head has.
Also related to his noggin, our little guy is teething yet again. These don't seem to be bothering him as much as the last set, thank goodness. He's only had one or two doses of Tylenol because of it, and this has been going on for about a week. I expect the next two top teeth to break through by this time next week. For those of you who can't see all his teeth in the toothy grin above, that will make a total of six teeth on the top and his two lonely middle teeth on the bottom. The kid's teething like he has to have them all by his first birthday!
There are still moments when I wonder whose kid he really is, though. He may look a lot like his daddy and some like me, but I can't figure out where he gets his love for the outdoors. That has become my last resort when he gets fussy for no reason. I take him outside and either sit on our bench on our front porch or one of our patio chairs on our back porch. He is perfectly content on my lap, even without a toy to play with. Considering any number of toys wouldn't satisfy him in the house, that's pretty remarkable. I think he likes feeling the sun and the breeze and watching the world go slowly by our front porch. His favorite, though, is when we happen to be outside when Daddy pulls into the driveway after a long day at work. He's never happier when he sees Daddy while he's outside.
My favorite times of day, though, are when Patrick gets into an unexplained good mood. He'll smile, giggle, and laugh at almost anything. That totally makes my day, to have him laughing hilariously at me for doing absolutely nothing interesting. I feel like I'm immensely entertaining, when most of the time I know better.
Don't stare. I'm having a bad hair day!
(It's reminiscent of Nick Nolte's mug shot, isn't it?)

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With that last picture, I think we need to review what you are putting in his juice.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very funny, Matt! That last picture is absolutely hilarious, and the hair may be a little Nick Nolte, but the eyes... they are his mom (maybe a little scarier, though). :)

I love all the pictures. They do portray a very happy boy -- and absolutely silly.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter