Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Monday, September 11, 2006
Longest Non-Update Ever
There's not much going on around here. I apologize now for the lack of an update this will be.

We didn't make it to church yesterday, despite the best of intentions. When it was pushing two in the morning and neither Matt nor I had fallen asleep yet, we suspected getting up in five hours to get ourselves and Patrick ready for church was not a good idea. Neither of us had been feeling great either, and we weren't sure a few--too few--hours of sleep would help enough.

I ended up sleeping until after noon yesterday, except for about an hour when I got up to feed Patrick breakfast. I thought the extra sleep would help me feel better, but the same problems hit again last night, keeping me up until after 2:00 again.

Anybody have any ideas that will help? In the afternoon or evening for the past few days, my legs have started aching. It starts out as mildly uncomfortable, but by bedtime the pain has escalated to the point that I can't find a comfortable position to lie in. I've tried the usual painkillers, and they've done absolutely nothing. I took a long, warm bath last night in the middle of the night, and while that didn't kill the pain altogether, it relaxed me enough that I was able to fall asleep anyway. I have no idea what is causing the problem or how to go about fixing it. I'm desperate for suggestions!

I have even less of a Patrick update today. He has been pretty normal and hasn't really done anything new. The banana-in-the-hair trick from yesterday was the cutest, even if it was kind of a pain to clean. He did it again this morning too. I think he's just makng sure he gets a bath later. I don't know how he would cope if he had to go longer than a day without playing with his rubber ducky.

Oh, yeah, when I was taking pictures a few days ago, I caught a short video of Patrick laughing at me behind the camera. I wasn't even doing anything, but he just kept giggling anyway. That is an example of one of those random silly moods he gets in when everything is funny. This way we can all end the post with a laugh. Actually, the video makes Patrick laugh too. He'll watch them sometimes, totally focused on the baby on the screen. He laughs along with him. It's so adorable. Yesterday when I was playing video after video for him, he suddenly leaned forward and then looked at me with a question in his eyes. I think he suddenly figured it out, that he recognizes that baby, possibly as the baby in the mirror. I don't know that he knows that baby is him, but it was pretty evident that he connected the baby in the video to one he had seen elsewhere.

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Noel said...

Loving the laugh. He is too cute, and as for the banana cream gel...well lets just say its better than mac and cheese and sloppy joe...at least that smells good. LOL.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter