Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Playing Catch-Up
I've been fighting to get in the mood to blog all day, and it's not working. So I'm blogging anyway.

It's just been one of those days when we've all been working to catch up on all the stuff we missed doing while we were gone, like doing the lawn and sleeping. I slept until noon, Matt took two afternoon naps, and Patrick pretty much slept all day long. I hope it was enough to be ready for a return to the normal routine tomorrow. Poor Matt having to go back to work after a week away.

Since I'm not really in the mood to tell long, drawn-out stories about Patrick from the past few days, here's the short version of his new antics.

1. He's so close to crawling. He can lean over really far while sitting and still pull himself back to a sitting position. He can also throw his upper body around a lot more than he used to be able to. His favorite, though, is stretching really far while we're holding him, leaning over to grab a toy he sees. While doing tummy time on his blanket tonight, he was able to pull himself forward several whole inches while reaching for a toy. He's sooooo close!

2. He's getting better and better at feeding himself. Most of the time, the Cheerios and fruit puffs make it into his mouth, not on the floor, and on the first try. He can eat them faster, so he eats many more of them too. He went through most of a container of fruit puffs during the week we were gone, when before he had eaten from the same container for weeks.

3. His new favorite game is BamBam. Now when he bangs a toy against the floor or his high chair or carseat or even his leg, I say, "Bam," and he giggles and laughs. I gave him just one more reason to love banging his toys.

4. Now that he's teething new teeth, he's pulling at his ears a lot more. It's actually kind of cute, especially when he's tired, because he'll pull at an ear, then rub his eyes, and then grab at his hair. I feel mean calling that cute because he's obviously uncomfortable, but it really is adorable. Anyway, I don't know if this is related to the teething or not, but he's been grinding his teeth. It makes an awful noise and looks painful. Has anyone else's kid done this, or is it something I should be concerned about? I'm guessing he's just experimenting with what he can do with his teeth.

5. I have to go fold laundry. I probably have several more new things to tell about, but maybe I'll remember them by tomorrow. Maybe I'll also have pictures downloaded by then.

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter