Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Dog Days of Summer
This morning as I went to get Patrick out of his crib, I heard him say something just before I opened the door to his room. It sounded remarkably like, "wee-wee." Those of you following the story know that so far the only recognizable word he's said is mama. I was kind of hoping his second word was going to be dada, but at least I understand the reasoning behind wee-wee.

You see, the first thing I saw when I looked down in his crib was just that, his wee-wee. He'd managed to peel off the velcro tabs on his diaper and squirm completely out of it. He'd pooped too, and they were the little pellets, so I was cleaning pellets off his bottom and wee-wee for a good long time. The sheet needs to be changed because of smeared poop on it, and I'm not exactly sure Gloworm escaped the aftermath. The only bright spot is that I didn't see pee-splatter spots anywhere. If he'd peed, it was long enough ago that it had had time to dry.

The best part? Not only did he learn a new word, and one he may actually know the meaning to, but he looked awfully proud of himself for figuring out how to get out of that hated diaper. I guess I can't let him be a diaper baby anymore, not if he's going to leave me with such messes to clean up.

And, at least he picked the right day to make such an awful mess. It's laundry day already. It's not a big deal to throw his icky sheet in with the rest. I'm glad I won't have to do an extra load of laundry just because he chose to act like a little boy today.

Now the reason for the title:
If you can't see, he also has puppy dogs on his overalls.
I love the squinty smile. It was certainly bright outside, but I'm glad he was happy anyway.
The overalls were so cute. I just really wished he'd had a straw hat or a fishin' pole or something.

"Here, Daddy. You play now!"

Labels: , , ,



6 Comments:

Blogger Heather Noel said...

Loving the pictures. He is too cute in his overalls.

Blogger Emmakirst said...

Awwww the pics are just too cute. What a smart boy!

Blogger Tonya said...

That is too cute.. his wee wee.. lol I love coveralls.. they look so adorable on babies.. Randie has about 8 pairs of them..lol

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photos turned out beautiful!! I'm loving the overalls and his squinty smile. What a happy baby.

I'm also so proud he has a new skill! :)

Blogger Lauren said...

How funny about the diaper and wee-wee. I guess that is another good reason for covering up the diapers with shorts, pants, or onesie when they sleep, huh?

Great pictures!

Blogger Lauren said...

Oh yeah, tell Matt I like the haircut!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter