Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
It's About Blogging Time
It's been a comedy of errors, technology-wise, around here today. First, my parents' wireless Internet just suddenly stopped working, and I couldn't get it working again. My dad fixed it when he came home from work, so I decided to blog then. Naturally, that was the exact moment blogger went down for maintenance (or something), because it stopped working before I even got started writing. I guess that's better than losing a blog anyway, isn't it? Now I'm trying to upload pictures to go with the blog, and it's not really working. All I can see right now are three little boxes with x's. I'm hoping by some miracle they'll still appear on the blog when I publish it, and if they don't, I'm not messing with it tonight. It took much patience to get as much as I have, and I'm just about out of patience for now.

Very little has happened since blogging yesterday. Patrick has continued to be fussy on and off. I've narrowed it down to three possible theories:
1. The change in routine, especially yesterday's, has thrown him off schedule sleep-wise, and he's overtired.
2. He misses his daddy.
3. He's teething.

As much as I'd like to convince myself that it's number two, I think three is the most likely right now, although it could easily be a combination of all three. It's really hard to tell, but I think today he cut the second tooth from the middle on the top right. He won't let me get a finger in there far enough to feel for sure if the tooth is through the gums; he tries to bite me every time. I think it will go in his baby book as today, though. It's close enough.

Patrick has done pretty much all the same cute things, nothing new to tell everyone about. He gets really excited when Nana and Grandpa come home from work. He especially loves just staring at Grandpa. He tried to imitate Grandpa waving during dinner. Maybe with a few more days around Grandpa, he will have mastered the wave. Wouldn't that be a cute way to greet Daddy on Friday? With a wave (and preferably calling "Daddy")? Yeah, I know, not likely...but I can still hope.

The countdown is down to about a day and a half now until I get to see Matt again. Tomorrow will be a busy day too, so maybe I won't miss him quite as badly. I can do this! Of course, it doesn't exactly help that the last few days I've been reading books (in a series) where the main character's husband has to be gone for work regularly, and she often discusses how difficult it is for her when her husband is gone. I know my situation isn't nearly as bad, but I still know how she feels. It's not a good reminder.

Ok, on to the pictures that may or may not actually be there. This is Patrick playing with a combination of his own toys from home and the toys Nana keeps here for him. You may notice the beautiful quilt he is playing on. This is my mom's version of our floor quilt, made by the same woman from my mom's church, specifically for Patrick. Isn't she a wonderful quilter?



Update: Patrick looks remarkably like a red x in all these pictures, as does the beautiful quilt. Apparently the pictures didn't upload right. Can anybody else actually see them? I'll just try the pictures again tomorrow, I guess. In the meantime, enjoy the beautiful red x's.

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy,

FYI: the pictures are visible to blogworld :) It looks like Patrick is throwing a punch in that second one, what was he really doing? Glad you're having a good visit.

Blogger Anita said...

I see them and they are so cute....your doing well with your hubby gone, we are all alot stronger then we think..

Blogger Tonya said...

Yeah I see the piccies here :) They are adorable as always and the quilt is gorgeous :)

Blogger Heather Noel said...

I see them and love them. He is too adorable.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter